Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-11-2011, 10:30 PM   #41 
Comet1993

He likes it a lot. Lol. He adores caves. Now he has a big one and a small one. =] And he and the female betta bonded!!! It was sooo cute. He was all panicky. And she was watching him. And he started staring at her. Then, they started taking turns staring at one another and looking away whenever the other one noticed. Then, he started swimming around, and she followed him. It was so, so cute. =)! My sister told me that she thought my female fish was pregnant. xD I think she's what you'd call "eggy"... Must be happy.. :)
Comet1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:32 PM   #42 
Sakura8

Some female bettas are just permanently eggy. As long as her behavior is okay, it's eggy and not bloating or anything serious. It can be kind of hard to tell sometimes in the females.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:38 PM   #43 
Comet1993

That's one of the main reasons that caused me to be nervous about getting a female. Lol. She's super-active. And I think I see her..ovipositor..? Something like that... She acts perfectly normal and cute. =] The ovi-"thing" is the little...thing...just behind the ventrals, right?
Old 12-11-2011, 11:21 PM   #44 
Sakura8

Little white thing sticking out? Yup, that's the ovipositor. It'll stick out all the time but it may be more prominent at times depending on how eggy she gets.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:40 PM   #45 
Comet1993

Yes, that! If I look closely, I can see it. Since I'm not going to breed her right now, will she just..stay eggy? Or will she "pass" the eggs?
Old 12-11-2011, 11:47 PM   #46 
Sakura8

She may always look kinda eggy - some females do. But if you've had her in view of Turbo a lot and she realizes she's not breeding, she may drop her eggs. Unless you actually witness this though, you may never know she did it because the fish almost always turns around and eats the eggs. Apparently, it's a good source of protein. o.O After she eats the eggs, there's a chance she'll pass "eggy poo" for several days. This poo is usually off-whitish and long and stringy and can go on forever. During this time, she might seem like she's sick and she may not eat. One of my girls did this to me and I was freaking out. After a week of epic almost non-stop eggy pooing, she was back to normal and I never let her set eyes on one of my males again, the little hussy. XD
Old 12-12-2011, 01:14 PM   #47 
Comet1993

Lol. She's where she can see Turbo, I think.. But they don't really interact much or anything. She just swims around with her belly and ovipositor showing. And flares. And is super-cute.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:22 PM   #48 
Sakura8

If she continues to get eggy, then maybe move her or put something up so she can't seem him for a while. It could be getting her hopes up. :) "I'm gonna be a mom? Really? Really? I'm not? Awww."
Old 12-12-2011, 09:45 PM   #49 
Comet1993

Awwwww. That seems sad. =[ My mom was looking at her today, and she was looking at my mom. And she was talking about how cute her little black beady eyes were. Everyone thinks she's just adorable. I wish I could get pictures of her. :) I really wish I could put them in the ten-gallon now. Patience will pay off eventually, I'm sure.. I've decided to name her Luna. :) I called her name, and she wiggled.. Such cuteness.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:19 PM   #50 
Sakura8

I love the name Luna. It fits her well. I love the eyes on females. They're more expressive than the eyes on males, I think.