Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-12-2011, 10:45 PM   #51 
Comet1993

They certainly look bigger.. Turbo's eyes were pretty intense today when he was staring at me after I put him in the little tank.. He's still angry.. The salt wasn't working out with him, so I'm really hoping that just clean water and a smaller tank, for now, will help him out.. I feel so bad for him and his little fins. :( The girl (Now, I have to get used to calling her by her name instead of "female fish" or "girl fish". Lol.) is darting around her tank, all cute-like.. And he's just kind of swimming around and taking his time. Lol. Poor guy. He tries to get out for a while. Then, he rests. Then, he tries again.. =[ I feel pretty guilty about putting him in the little container.
Comet1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:46 AM   #52 
Sakura8

Just keep telling yourself it's for his own good, it's for his own good. One thing you could try is to get 8 cup Gladwares at the grocery store. Because they have a frosted bottom, he can't see the tank outside and he might be calmer. But the downside is the small size means changing it twice a day. They float quite well, though.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:39 PM   #53 
Comet1993

I don't think I could do the twice-a-day water change, honestly. =[ I have so much going on. He's been in the little mini tank for a while now... He absolutely refused to be in any salt... I've been doing 100% water changes daily.. But his fins don't seem to be getting any better. :( They're not getting any worse, on the positive side.. Maybe, they're getting better so slowly that I can't tell, especially because there's no salt.. I don't know. But it's so sad. =(
Old 12-18-2011, 09:50 PM   #54 
Sakura8

:( Turbo, Turbo, you shouldn't make so much work for Comet.

One way to make small-tank water changes go faster is to premix the water and conditioner in a big gallon jug. Then you just dump the water out and pour.

Does he have big blackened edges still or is it possibly still tailbiting?
Old 12-19-2011, 12:04 AM   #55 
abdullah79

Today i bought a new tank

I bought a new tank today and i am so happy that i can finally take my turtles and fishes separately.
abdullah79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:16 AM   #56 
Sakura8

You're lucky your turtle didn't make a meal of your fishies. It happened to a friend of mine. And hurray for new tanks!
Old 12-19-2011, 06:20 PM   #57 
Comet1993

I figured that out; that's how I do my water changes now, since I'm usually pressed for time. =] I'm not sure.. His fins look ragged.. Like, someone took scissors and clipped them to make frills and accidentally made a few little tiny triangles.. Like.... ||||||\/\\\\\|||||| Yeah, I realize that's not the best description... But I'll try to get some pictures. Not sure how well it will work. :( My computer's been having some major issues.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:56 PM   #58 
Comet1993

Old 12-19-2011, 08:24 PM   #59 
Sakura8

I'm pretty sure he's been tailbiting. If he had fin rot, the edges would be blackened and he would have lost huge chunks of fin at a time.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:13 PM   #60 
Comet1993

They still look kind of shredded, though. The anal and dorsal fins are affected, too. :( I don't know how he could have gotten to them.. They just look kind of like.. Peeling a little bit of cheese of of those string cheese sticks.. Sorry; best thing I could think of. Yes, I'm hungry. Lol. And his pectoral fins look marbled, I guess. That's what I always thought it was.. I doubt that they have fin rot. If they can get it. Lol.