Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-20-2011, 09:10 PM   #61 
Sakura8

It's truly amazing how flexible these guys are. Most of the time, we never see them bite but they do it. I had one that took off almost everything. Dorsal, anal, tail, part of his ventrals. It was incredible. All in two hours. So who knows how Turbo is really managing it but it sure sounds like he is.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:25 PM   #62 
Comet1993

He probably is. Lol. He definitely isn't tearing them now. I'm considering just putting him back in the ten-gallon, because I'm afraid of him getting depressed; he's not that active now, and I think it may be due to the tinier container. :[ Probably feels sad and like he's being punished. I noticed some weird stuff, though.. So, I put off putting him back in the ten-gallon.. First of all, he looked a little bloated and seemed to be having a little trouble swimming.. I was planning on seeing how he was doing later and using some epsom salt if I needed to, but it wore off, and he doesn't seem bloated any more; it must have just been the pellets. He's used to granules, but my twenty-month-old sister decided it would be fun to pour them all out... -_-..... How cute.... This is going to sound super-weird and awkward... But.. He had a string of bubbles...coming up from where he'd eliminate waste.... And the floated to the top... And the string was still attached.. And they were really tiny, tiny bubbles.. And it was weird. Do you think bettas can pass gas, maybe? :/ Idk.. But..yeah. Awkwarddd... Moving on! And he had weird things on his fins.. Like..strings but with a little fluff. And I knew that was bad and changed his water quickly... And they went away... And came back... Now, they're gone.. :/ Again..without me changing his water this time.. I wonder if it's just something in the water? >.> This is totally driving me insaneee... Plus, I work more than full-time now.. So, I get home and I'm all, "Ahhhh... Water changes...again...". xD
Comet1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:59 PM   #63 
Sakura8

o.O String of bubbles from his . . . oh-kay, yeah, that's a new one on me. XD

The strings of fluff could have been some excess slime coat that came off. That happens sometimes.

You must be tired after all those water changes.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:39 PM   #64 
Comet1993

Yeah; I texted my friend and was all, "Umm.. Awkard question... Can bettas..uh...flatulate?".. And he was all, "I don't know.. xD". xD So.. Maybe, it's one of life's great, unanswered questions. Lol. He's very swimmy at the moment.. He stops and rests every now and then.. His fins are still all...eh.. :( So.. Do you think I could put him back in the ten-gallon tomorrow? =] And get a divider... And put them together. o.o... :D Yes, I'm completely exhausted!! I work about forty hours a week. And they're like...seven-hour, eight-hour, nine-and-a-half-hour...sometimes TWELVE-HOUR...shifts... The seven-hour shifts are the short ones. xD
Old 12-28-2011, 07:41 PM   #65 
Sakura8

I think he should be fine in the 10g. Get him in, get them settled, and go get some rest. :)
Old 12-29-2011, 08:23 AM   #66 
Comet1993

Woo!!! I am SO excited! :D Okay; question.. I've not changed the water in the ten-gallon since I've had him in his little mini tank. But there is still water in it, where he is in the mini tank in the ten-gallon tank.. The filter's been running the whole time, and I've not had any other fish in it, of course. Not yet.. So, would I have to do a water change on the like.... Forty-or-so-percent of water that is in the ten-gallon tank? Or just add new water? Because I don't think the ammonia level could go up without a fish or something in the water.. :/ And I think the new water might just even it out, kind of.. Plus, I don't want little Luna to get sick. =[ She's so cute and bubbly. Lol.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:47 PM   #67 
Sakura8

How much new water would you be adding in? If the 10g is like half full or a little above half full, then just adding new water would probably count as a water change.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:59 PM   #68 
Comet1993

It seems to be about.. 40-45% full.. But that's with the mini tank in it. Once I take out the mini tank, it may be about 30-35% full. I had to take out water to make sure that the mini tank would stay in it without floating away like a little boat. xD
Old 12-29-2011, 11:00 PM   #69 
Sakura8

Yeah, they do that when the water is too full. Or tip over. Smart idea to keep it from sailing away. :) Then yeah, I'd definitely say just fill it on up. Add enough dechlorinator to treat the whole 10g though. And you're good to go. :)
Old 12-31-2011, 07:37 AM   #70 
Comet1993

I usually just fill it up using gallon jugs. So, would it be okay to treat each gallon and add it? Or should I put untreated gallons in there, then add the dechlorinator?