Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-31-2011, 07:29 PM   #71 
Sakura8

Treat each jug. I use Prime so for me, it's 2 drops per gallon.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:36 PM   #72 
Comet1993

Alright. So, I'll just fill it up like I normally do. I got the divider Thursday. =]! It does feel a little rough on one side, which kind of worries me.. Do you think that would be a problem?
Comet1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:38 PM   #73 
Sakura8

Put Luna on the side that's a little rougher. She's less likely to rub against it trying to get to Turbo. Males will swim closer and flare a lot. You can also try putting cabomba in front of it so they can't get as close.

Happy New Year. :)
Old 12-31-2011, 11:59 PM   #74 
Comet1993

Thank you! Happy New Year to you, as well. I tried to put Turbo in the ten-gallon.. <.> Didn't go well.. So, back to the hospital tank. I have no idea what's going on with him now.. Ugh.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:58 AM   #75 
Sakura8

How did it not go well?

Some bettas don't like big tanks. Weird, I know, but they prefer smaller tanks. I wonder if Turbo is one of them?
Old 01-01-2012, 08:45 AM   #76 
Comet1993

I posted a new thread on what happened in Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies. So far, it seems to have just been stress. And he must be losing more slime coat again this morning.. Do bettas lose slime coat after being significantly stressed? Or can it just be a random thing? Anyway, he's still in the hospital tank. I had to re-empty the ten-gallon last night to put the hospital tank back in there..at around two in the morning... And, worst of all, I couldn't use my fish bucket!!! So, I had to use his water change container.. And I had to scoop out about the equivalence of 1/4 of a gallon..walk to the kitchen...pour it out....walk back to my room...scoop out more water...walk back to the kitchen... And so forth and so on. -_- But he's pretty much gotten his color back, from what I can see. I was so excited about putting him back in his ten-gallon.. =( -Sigh-
Old 01-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #77 
Sakura8

:( I'm so sorry all that happened in the middle of the night. I'll go hunt down your thread in the Diseases section.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:03 PM   #78 
Comet1993

Turbo's back in his ten-gallon! Still not looking any better. :( I saw more white on the tips of his fins, but different.. So, I guess, even more slime coat coming off... =( But his fins still look bad.. He has more space, though, and I need to get more stuff for his tank today so he'll feel more secure. I'm experiencing some trepidation when it comes to adding Luna. One part of me is like, "ADD HER! You knowww you want to!!! You've been waiting so longgg!!!".. And the other part wants to wait until Turbo's fins seem to be getting better..
Old 01-06-2012, 10:23 PM   #79 
Sakura8

Which fins have the white tips? A lot of bettas develop white tips on their ventral fins, which are the two long fins that hang down. Hmm. I wonder what's up with the boy.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #80 
Comet1993

The white tips are on the ventral fins and have been for quite some time. On the other fins, excluding the pectoral fins, white stuff will appear.. And go away.. It usually doesn't last long at all, so I've been thinking it was just slime coat coming off. He's not as active, but he's more active than he was in the mini tank. Maybe, he'll get more active once I get more cover for his tank. It looks kind of bare in there, honestly.. =[ I'm sure it makes him feel insecure, and he probably doesn't want to move much and draw attention to himself when he doesn't have much cover. Maybe?