Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
View Poll Results: Which brand betta pellets are best?
New Life Spectrum 18 30.51%
Hikari Betta Bio-Gold 17 28.81%
Top Fin 4 6.78%
Ocean Nutrition - Atison's Betta Food 4 6.78%
Omega One Betta Buffet 7 11.86%
Aqueon Betta Pellets 9 15.25%
Wardley Premium Betta Food 0 0%
Aquarian 0 0%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2011, 12:38 AM   #21 
OMB

I haven't tried him with other food - but Sully goes crazy for his Aqueon betta pellets. He sees me opening the jar and he wiggles like crazy - like he's wagging his veiltail! I've tried with other jars and he doesn't have the same reaction (for instance, his freezedried bloodworms, which I no longer feed him since he wouldn't eat them).
OMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:56 AM   #22 
MaggieLynn

I voted for NLS, I first used the Aqueon and I liked it the price was good and it lasted (untill I dumped over 3/4 of it all over my floor when stooping to feed my divided tank which is on the bottom shelf of a computer desk now fish tank stand >.<) but by that time I bought NLS, I was at petco comparing all the different protein levels and ingredients and have heard alot of good about NLS and I really like it, It is mixed with left over Aqueon right now so my fish get alil of each now, but I really like both. My picky eater hercules even eats them and he wasnt one for pellets when I got him.
MaggieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:42 PM   #23 
EvilVOG

my fish like the Aqueon pellets but they sink too fast, some don't float at all. So they eat the one they see, and two sink to the bottom.
EvilVOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:05 PM   #24 
Tisia

I just got some of the NLS small fish. kind of hard to feed a consistent amount because the pellets are so small, but the ingredient list is great and my fish seem to be enjoying it (not that there seems to be anything they won't eat, lol). I've also used the hikari micro wafers which have better ingredients than the current bio gold
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote