Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-04-2011, 10:27 AM   #1 
Indyfishy

Unhappy Feeling bad for this little guy + how would I go about shipping a fish?

There is a green (not blue, green!) monster marble plakat at my petsmart that has been sitting there since early July, possibly longer. My heart goes out to the poor little fellow. Our petsmart takes great care of their fish, thank God, but I've noticed him becoming less and less active every time I have to go there to pick something up. I don't have the time/space/energy/money/etc. to keep another fish long term, but if I got him I would try to give him to someone on the forum, as I know you all take great care of your fish. And he has sort of rare coloring, so I can't imagine that he wouldn't get a home (even though people in Noblesville, IN can't see his beauty, apparently ). I wouldn't charge anything for him except shipping costs, I just want to see the poor guy get a home.

Does this seem like a good idea, or should I just forget about it and let him wait for his home?

How do I go about getting the supplies for shipping a fish/how do i ship a fish???

This all depends on whether my parents say yes or not, as I live in their home, so I may not be able to buy him anyways. But it's worth a shot
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:28 AM   #2 
Sena Hansler

Man if I had the money (I do) and if people could ship to Canada (most do not) I'd dibs him so fast... I mean... HE IS GREEN!!! lol. I say, get him. There will be many people desiring him on this site! I think you could. And there is a thread or two on shipping fishies :)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:34 AM   #3 
Indyfishy

What's the difference between shipping in the US, and shipping to Canada??? Do I have to have a special permit?? I'd totally be willing to send him to you, but I wouldn't want the poor little guy to get arrested by border patrol XD
Old 11-04-2011, 10:48 AM   #4 
Sena Hansler

xD I don't know. I would love to have a green one... been trying to hunt a green guy down lol!plus it is a marble... plus a plakat!!! :p I'd check in about the shipping o_O I know it'll be more... But I would totally be willing.

officer: "sir, you cannot pass the border."
fish: "bloop?!"
Old 11-04-2011, 11:06 AM   #5 
Indyfishy

I'll research into it, and see what i can come up with =) I'm going to petsmart this week, and if he's still there i'll talk to my mom about getting him and possibly sending him on his way lol! The only thing I'm worried about in shipping him to Canada is heat packs, they only last a couple of days and if he gets stopped at the border then he's going to be chilly D=

he looks exactly like the male fish in this video, except he's a slightly lighter green:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ncyE...el_video_title
Old 11-04-2011, 11:16 AM   #6 
Luimeril

shipping to canada is shipping internationally, so you'd have to go through a trans shipper, and that costs alot. >3>

i agree with Sena, though. if i had the money, i'd love to take him in. x: he'd be stuck in a gallon until i could get something bigger, or i'd have to set up Zidane's 2 gallon Sterilite bin(something i'm avoiding, so i don't get another. i keep it under a counter, so it's out of sight, out of mind. .3.). Xd i don't think $2 would cover his price, nor shipping.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:07 PM   #7 
Sena Hansler

Well, for across borders I found that from places especially like Thailand and such, don't they do the super express shipping? when I worked at the store, it wasn't express shipping it was something else - something faster which cost goes up again... And yeah, trans shipper that's what I thought was the problem :)
Old 11-04-2011, 01:57 PM   #8 
Indyfishy

Sena, I know it's going to be super expensive for you, so if you can't take him I totally understand! But I wouldn't worry about it too much yet as I don't even know if he's still at the store or not =)
Old 11-04-2011, 02:00 PM   #9 
Sena Hansler

Well, out of curiosity... How much would it be to have him shipped? o_O lol. And is there a way to find people from Canada that are selling/adopting out bettas? -ponders-
Old 11-04-2011, 02:03 PM   #10 
Pitluvs

Ya, you'd have to use a transhipper and overnight the poor boy to Canada. Expect shipping to be about $50 or more since he would need to be overnighted to a transhipper too. It's quite the expensive task. I know a lady that spent $600 to adopt a rat from 4 provinces over, I had to take a boat trip to help get him to her. Some people do it though!
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote