Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-01-2011, 07:15 PM   #11 
bastage

Yea currently there all under quarantine. The other boys have about a half dose of salt though & the snails, shrimp & plants are in a mason jar.. So far the other 3 boys appear fine, so thats good.. In the last 24 hours though I haven't seen Ronon move except to occasionally swim up for air so when I did the water change a little bit ago I only put in about 2.5" of water so he wouldn't have as far to swim (its a standard 2.5g glass tank though so its plenty of swimming area still).

And yea the 20L or 20L has thrown me off a couple times. One thread I was following there talking about stocking there 20L & it was like 1 betta & a snail is all that was recommended & I was like "wtf that will be an empty tank". Then after reviewing the thread about 6 times for whatever it was I was missing I realised it was 20 liters, not a 20 gallon long.

in my opinion though I think the 20 long is about a perfect tank for a betta divided tank.. Lots of surface area & the tank & the extra's for it arent outrageous since its the same footprint as the common 29g. Plus you dont have to fill it all the way up. I am probably only putting in 15 or so gallons, but the surface area is much better then in a 15g tank..
bastage is offline   Reply With Quote