Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-02-2011, 10:48 PM   #11 
Lighterman

Over-enough. ;)
Lighterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:12 AM   #12 
ShyDog

Not to stick my nose in here, but been following this thread for a while, and according to the sticky and other forums that give advice on breeding betta (such as our sister site) They say you need at least a 20 gallon minimum grow out tank.

from the sticky in our website:
Bettas can produce up to one thousand eggs in a single spawn. That means you will have hundreds of little babies swimming around and eventually will grow into adults. This means you will need space for a growout (minimum of 20 gallons), and potentially hundreds of jars to keep all the males.

I wouldn't argue with an experienced breeder being able to do so with less, but this is the OP's first spawn wouldn't it be better to go by the book?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighterman View Post
Over-enough. ;)
ShyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:19 AM   #13 
youlovegnats

For a grow-out, yes. It's best to have the biggest tank you can afford, because the water changes are a pain in the butt. :/
I breed in 2.5 gal. tanks because anything bigger for me just doesn't work. :(
But as Indjo said before- if it's smaller, you eventually have to transfer them to a grow-out (usually within the 2nd-3rd week).
IMO, I think a 15 gal. is perfect because you also have to consider in that not all of the fry will survive- and probably only 10-30 because this is a first spawn.
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote