betta fish

Old 11-01-2011, 09:52 AM   #11 
Mecharoni

can u get a clearer pic?
it may be bloated if it eat too much.
try give him a little boiled pea.
=boil a pea in hot water for few mins
cut out the white centre n cun it into small pieces tat can fit its mouth
clean leftover to prevent fungi o any gross stuff. hope tis help.
Mecharoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:14 PM   #12 
Pataflafla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecharoni View Post
can u get a clearer pic?
it may be bloated if it eat too much.
try give him a little boiled pea.
=boil a pea in hot water for few mins
cut out the white centre n cun it into small pieces tat can fit its mouth
clean leftover to prevent fungi o any gross stuff. hope tis help.
The pea method is more harmful for bettas than good. They're insectivores, not herbivores. they are not designed to eat and digest peas and other plant matter. It works well for goldfish, however.

Why put more in if nothing is coming out?
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:45 PM   #13 
Myates

I have to agree with Pata.. I have always been against the pea method and recommend not using it, for the reasons Pata had mentioned. Don't go that route..
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:45 AM   #14 
pyro fiend

myates. about the goldie temps actualy they tollerate tropical well. and i have a heater in there because for one its keeping the bettas warm and goldies have been known to thrive verry well in 78deg as long as you clean the tank offen [and i do] and the 1g bowl was gettin to like 74 73ish. but i turned a heater on in my room so now its a bit bettr not cold i think when i last looked it was like 76.

and the other male betta will probly be going on the other side of the 40g. might put the girl in the center aint decided wether i wana devide it in 2 or 3 yet. as i wana put the girl in a biggr tank with more girls eventualy. and dont wana deep deviding and deviding that or other tanks befor i get like 5 othr girls -.-

but with tank mates ik that goldies aint the best. but around here they refuse to take back fish evn at petco. [and they aint been selling tanked fish for few weeks cuz of diseases] and i dont wana buy corys or even schooling fish and neather of them get along with anything. and waist all that money for fish that cant be put in my cycled tanks..
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:39 AM   #15 
Myates

Yours is 80, and 2 degrees is a big difference for fish. I'm not going to harp on you about your temp, that is definitely your choice =) It's just a highly recommended, 17 year experience observation =) (Cleaning the tank more often shouldn't affect what temp they can thrive in/tolerate, and as far as tolerate - most fish can tolerate other temps that aren't recommended, but it doesn't mean it is actually good for them.)

So you are planning on putting the goldfish and betta in together? Still not able to tell.. it sounds like you are. If so, please be prepared to remove him within a week because he most likely will start suffering from ammonia burns/poisoning.

Most chain stores won't accept fish back that aren't dead/dying and not returned within their return policy time limit- as they have no idea how one has been keeping their fish and they can't risk the chance of polluting their stock.

You said "neather of them get along with anything" By "them" which ones are you meaning? The corys or the schooling fish? As both are good tank mates, especially corys. If meaning goldfish/betta - you are correct with goldfish as they shouldn't be with any tropical species, and for betta there are some very good tank mates out there for them, in the tropical species.

You only have the 40g that is large, and is that the one holding your goldfish? I am so lost as to why the boys are being held in cups for so long, and what you are planning on doing - as well as when.

I'm not trying to be rude or demanding, just letting you know that there are a few things that could be corrected, quite easily, that will extend their lives and make them healthier.

Last edited by Myates; 11-03-2011 at 07:41 AM.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:00 PM   #16 
pyro fiend

well the boys arnt in cups there in a half gallon and a 3g.. the 40 has no fish and is cycling. and thats y there in the smaller tanks and why they arnt in it.

and by neather of them getting along i mean the bettas getting along with any fish. i know some bettas love tank mates some tollorate but also some just dont like them at all i know that my vt hates fish or at least some as i put a small pleco in with him and he got all huffy and flaring at it and tryed to nips its fins n axc [it was removed] so idk if he will have anything. but if i put in the ct it would only be for a day or so not indefinatly.
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:56 PM   #17 
Mecharoni

Not always feed it with the pea method, juz ones in a bluemoon.
A little will work(1/2mm3), it acts as fiber.

Last edited by Mecharoni; 11-13-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Mecharoni is offline   Reply With Quote