Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-01-2011, 09:34 PM   #1 
noahk11

Question Ranks

Maby this can become a sticky when we figure this out. How do the ranks go here? Basically how many posts do you need to get each rank.
noahk11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:59 PM   #2 
Banicks

Why?

There is alot of discontent about people who are randomly posting things to pump up their 'rank' or number of posts.

Unfortunately an indirect result is that incorrect information is being relayed to new members, they believe it as fact because they feel the 'rank' indicates knowledge.

Some members on here have less than 100 posts but decades of knowledge. I'm a complete novice but will repeat information I know to be correct.

I don't understand this 'rank' thing, it isn't a levelling system to become more powerful or a game!
Banicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:03 PM   #3 
hedgehog

Silly me I thought rankings had to do with how long you've been a member not how many posts you've made.
hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:09 PM   #4 
nochoramet

No, some members here have only been here a few months and are way higher than me, when I've been here for over 2 years. They have way more posts.
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:27 PM   #5 
purplemuffin

:) Best to ignore ranks to be honest. They aren't too big of a deal truthfully, and posting a lot of pointless threads and comments just to raise your rank will only bug people and get you in trouble. Just have fun on the forum and chat, it'll rank up soon enough :D Besides, a watched pot never boils. Watched comment ranks never rise up fast enough either XD
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:30 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

I've been here 3 and a half years and I have a lot of posts but that doesn't make me an expert. I've learned a lot from members here, though. My post count doesn't have anything to do with my being a moderator, either. Some people think it does. Some people raise their post count by chatting all the time and contributing very little to the forum.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:31 PM   #7 
purplemuffin

True, someone could join and just talk in the lounge for months constantly raising their rank--but never having any experience or learning anything about bettas!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:37 PM   #8 
nochoramet

I agree.
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote