Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-01-2011, 11:40 PM   #1 
vilmarisv

Tanks for coming soon fishies PLUS Planted Sorority all ready!

So...
I'm super excited because tomorrow (I think) I'll be receiving my new breeders!
I wanted their tanks to be all set up before I even decided to get breeders again so I've been preparing for my new fish for a couple of weeks.
My Male will be housed in a 2.5 MiniBow with a sponge filter because I don't want anything to shred his fins.
I also added plants, IAL and a betta log that I might end up removing bc I'm concerned I missed any rough spots and his fins will be shred.
Pic 1 & 2

Then we have a 1 galon MiniBow for my breeder girl that I got for $6 at a garage sale... it didn't come with a filter but I wouldn't have used it anyway bc I prefer the sponge filter.
Tank is also prepared with live plants and IAL.
Knowing Karen she will end up putting a bonus girl in my box so the one I decide not to breed will go with the other girls.
Pic 3 & 4

Last is my sorority tank! It's a 14 galon with lots of plants, IAL and another sponge filter that provides 80% more filtration that what I need but clean wanter is GOOD!
So far, I'm happy with the sand subtrate, I like how it keeps the aquarium bright.
Pic 5

Best of all?? ALL 3 tanks are hooked up to ONE air pump
Attached Images

vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:42 AM   #2 
Gloria

I love all your tanks. Im starting to think about scraping my gravel and going for sand, it's such a lovely look.
Hope your new kiddies get to you tomorrow :)
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:47 AM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

Ooh, nice fish!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:42 PM   #4 
vilmarisv

They are all settled in now and I'm living them!
Can't wait to get those two in the spawning tank next month.
My sorority tank got algea UGH! But serves me right for wanting to do a fish-in cycle... keeping on top of nitrates now to keep algea in control until my plants settle.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:37 PM   #5 
BellasMomma

First of all, yer male... ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!! Wow I think he may be the prettiest Betta I have EVER seen!!! And yer female wow those are gonna be some amazing babies!! I definitely wanna see them when it happens... Yer tanks all look amazing! What kind of sand is that... It looks great. I want to do sand and that's the exact look I'm going for...
BellasMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:01 AM   #6 
vilmarisv

THANKS! I can't take credit for him... I got him from Martinsmommy and he's a show winner. Won 1st and 2nd place in 2 different shows. I'm so lucky to have him.... still can't believe Karen let me buy him! He's my only male and you can imagine how much I like spoiling him. The pair is being conditioned now and will be for the next 3.5 weeks... will breed them after my family visits as I won't be able to give them the best of care for a few days were I to breed now.
I've been debating if I should get a female with better caudal but I really like this girl's coloring and buttterfly pattern... we'll see!

I used Petco's sand. I really like it... it's not too fine so it doesn't compact like regular sand does. As you can see on the pics, the grains are quite large... it's like super fine gravel. I was concerned about having plants in sand but I have an onion plant that came with no roots and a week after roots are growing nicely in this sand.