Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-04-2011, 08:08 PM   #1 
ICEAL

How to keep humidity in a critter keeper?

Well, last Wednesday night i put a male and a female in a critter keeper, the reason for this was because i was going to buy another critter keeper tomorrow(and a male HMDT for the Cambodian CT I've been conditioning), and to my surprise they spawned. now i don't know how would i keep humidity in a critter keeper.

(Why, in the first place did he put them together?)
The 1 gallon tank i'm keeping the female had a crack. Also, i tried to spawn them before in a 2.5 tank but they did not spawn at all. They were conditioned with tannin and fed 3-4x a day with frozen BBS and BW. No nipping just an occasional chasing.
ICEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:27 PM   #2 
Gloria

I used a critter keeper to spawn my pair in. I just covered the lid with aluminium foil and tucked it in under the little lip of the the lid..
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:41 PM   #3 
Bambi

I take the lid off, place foil with a couple small air slits and then put the lid back on to hold the foil there Plastic wrap should work as well.

As they have spawned you've removed the female, right? xD you can keep the girl in a up over night if you have no other place to put her, just cover itwith apiece of paper or something so she can't jump. I had to do this when one of my girl's tanks broke. I now always have a couple extra on hand.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:08 PM   #4 
ICEAL

Well, now that i look again they are still spawning. i thought they would be done because there were no more eggs coming out, so i post they spawnED. But now there are still eggs coming out.

Thank you 2 for the advice. I'll put her at a cup AFTER the spawn. XD
ICEAL is offline   Reply With Quote