Betta Fish Forum banner

♥ Cute betta fridge magnets! ♥

3K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  Mart2289 
#1 ·
Here is an easy and fun DIY project whether to memorialize your lost fish, show off your love to your fish, or simply just to kill time! ^-^ I thought I would share. These litterally took me like 15 minutes to do with some packaging tape, cheap magnets, and some art supplies.

Supplies:

*scissors
*paper
*scotch tape
* laminate or clear packaging tape ( for cheap ppl like me! )
* colored pencils, pencils, markers, crayons, etc.
* magnets with adhesive backs ( $1.30 for 20 magnets at Walmart )
* creativity ;)

1. What I did was took the packaging tape roll and traced the smaller circle in the inside of the roll for the magnet shape. Didn't cut it out yet.
2. I drew my fishie with pencil, traced the lines with sharpie.
3. erased any pencil lines and colored.
4. Put a line of packaging tape ( cheap laminate lolz ) over the circle with the fish so the tape covered the entire picture.
5. Did the same thing to the back.
6. Cut out the circle carefully
7. on the back, stuck on a magnet with included adhesive.
8. stuck on fridge and enjoy for hours 0.0

**You can also get some oven-bake clay and make fishies from that instead of taking your time coloring ^-^ that would be awesome!

Here are my magnets of my recently passed 2 girls Natsuko and Sakura!! :3 I will eventually post pictures of the magnets of all of my fish! you can make some of your fish yourself and post them here! I would love to see some photos of your beautiful betta magnets! ^-^ If you want to draw them sorta chibi the way I did, let me know and I can help ;P

Attachments

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
Here are the rest of my girls! ^-^ ta-da! They all look so lovely together! I feel like I made Aimi's eye a lil big, lolz, but I think its cute :p I made Kasumi look like she's about to peck a rock because, well, she's my first betta girl since when I moved to TX and I love her a LOT so I wanted to make her's a lil special. she ALWAYS looks like that at rocks when she isnt eating or sleeping. Okami is my man's favorite fish even though she's scared of him ^-^ I havent started working on my boys yet...

Attachments

#11 ·
Now that I'm done school (except for exams) I can try to get back into art. These magnets are so cute! I do perler bead sprites as a hobby. I modded a design for bunnies and for cats (to make personal ones) so I'll spend some time looking for betta fish or any fish and mod them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.