Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-03-2011, 09:41 AM   #1 
Laki

Our new place! *Lakitu's new spot

We moved so we could be closer to school and have our own clean apartment. It's a basement apt but it's newly renovated and awesome ^>^ The window ledges are deep cut and I was able to stick Lakitu's 3g in the kitchen window (for now). We don't have curtains yet but the window looks into someone's driveway. It's a little uncomfortale at night to think of people looking in but anyway... For the time being I thought the natural light would benefit Laki and the moss balls. So far it has!! There hasn't been any gross algae and the natural light makes it look more awesome.
Once winter hits I'll take him back in out of the window because I don't want the cold window to freeze him! Curently his heater is keeping the water at about 76F. He's best kind up there though!! Here's his day and night pic!

(*And then come randoms)
Attached Images

Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #2 
Laki

Any thoughts?? ;)
Old 11-03-2011, 10:58 PM   #3 
BellasMomma

o i like it! thats a great place for him for now... too bad u didnt get this apt. at the beginning of summer, could have used it a little longer! i bet he loves the natural light~ i like his rocks, was that for halloween? congrats on yer new place!
BellasMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:59 PM   #4 
BellasMomma

wow is yer moss ball really that big? or does it just look HUGE!
BellasMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:56 PM   #5 
Kytkattin

Depending on what heater you have, you could potentially keep the tank there indefinitely. My girl is in front of a window that is frequently left open (with cool weather, about 40-55) and the heater does a wonderful job of keeping her tank perfect at 78.

However, the weather here stays about that all year long, even in winter, so I am probably better off than most. Especially if it snows where you live.
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:55 AM   #6 
Pitluvs

In Newfoundland, it storms like nothing you've probably ever seen. I'm betting that window gets covered in snow and the temps go to -20C without the windchill in winter lol At least that's how it is here in winter. Taking him out of the window is a must :P
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:04 AM   #7 
Laki

Thanks guys!! The rocks were my boyfriends choice as a great contrast to Lakitu's blue :D So they're year round!! Never really thought of theming my tank tbh. And no it looks like Poof (my large moss ball) is giant but it actually split and I tied it to driftwood ^.^ It is slowly attaching!

Pitluvs is right, Atlantic Canada gets insane winters. I hate it!! Being that this is my first basement apt (there's earwigs but there's no spiders!! yay!) I assume the windows will get quite cold. On the other hand, if they DO get covered then I have insulation! But I prefer not to risk it. Lakitu is too awesome a fish for me to risk it. I'd say before I leave to go to NS for Christmas I'll remove him. (Hopefully I'll have another one by then too))