Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-03-2011, 01:16 PM   #1 
Kytkattin

Body Modification

I know this is a family forum, so I actually am looking for a recommendation for another forum that goes over tongue splitting. I have read just about everything on the internet as far as guides go, so now I just need a supportive community to help me through the pain.
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:23 PM   #2 
Bombalurina

O.o A tongue piercing was just too tame for you? :p I wouldn't do it myself but I hope it goes well for you. Sorry I can't recommend a forum.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:07 PM   #3 
purplemuffin

:) I'm sure you can find one. I personally don't know any. Look through the forum responses to see if it's a busy forum and if people are nice. I'll be your support for you here! I know it's going to be painful and I know how much support means, I have known someone go through it. Good luck!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:58 PM   #4 
Kytkattin

Bombalurina: I actually still need to get my tongue pierced. I probably will sometime next week. I figure that I will decide after I get the tongue piercing if I still want to split it. However, I am pretty certain I will still want to do so at some point, even if it means I go with a different method in order to do so.

purplemuffin: What method was used to split it? I am strongly considering the tie off method. Thank you for the support! I like the fact that it is a modification that is relatively easy to hide from people.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:09 PM   #5 
Bombalurina

The tie-off method is the most common one I have heard of. Will it affect your speech or ability to eat/drink at all?
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:01 PM   #6 
Kytkattin

The piercing will probably affect my speech more than having it split. And of course during the split it will be painful to do anything. The only real risk is during and immediately after the procedure. I will have some swelling. There is a risk of nerve damage and bleeding. However, with the tie off the risk of bleeding is much less. I am not too worried about nerve damage. I am actually figuring there will be less than when I had half my wisdom teeth removed. I still sometimes have a shooting pain from that...
Eating should not be a problem, though I might be able to hold a straw, or more easily tie a cherry stem. lol.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:04 PM   #7 
BettaMiah

...Ow. Sounds fun?!

I want a nose piercing. Not like a bull one, just like a little diamond. I would look awesome..
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:07 PM   #8 
purplemuffin

I don't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure it was the tie off method. I didn't see her much during the process, we went to different schools so we mostly chatted on AIM.

I want a couple tattoos myself :) not sure about piercings..Want something that looks good on me.. Not sure what that is yet!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:09 PM   #9 
BettaMiah

I want tattoos too. I want one of all my pets on the back of my right shoulder. Heh...

What is the tie-off method? What do you do?
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:23 PM   #10 
Nickpearson1985

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! Then pm me with some pics lol.
Nickpearson1985 is offline   Reply With Quote