Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-03-2011, 10:38 PM   #11 
Kytkattin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaMiah View Post
...Ow. Sounds fun?!

I want a nose piercing. Not like a bull one, just like a little diamond. I would look awesome..

I call those semi-precious pimples. lol. I have too much of a problem with boogers to want to stuck something else up my nose.

The tie-off method basically involves having a tongue piercing and then putting some fishing line through the hole. Then you tie it tight (as tight as you can go before it REALLY hurts, it should hurt at least a little) and you wait. Then you retie it later, slowly making the loop smaller and smaller as the line makes its way through your tongue.
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:42 PM   #12 
Banicks

I have to ask...why?

Then again that seems to be a stupid questions when regarding body modification. I personally just cannot understand why you would want to mutilate/modify yourself in such a way?
Banicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:44 PM   #13 
Kytkattin

I don't know if I could ever get tattoos. As an artist I have created a couple of tattoos for people, but I could never get one myself. The idea of having to pick only one piece of artwork for the rest of my life? I just can't do that.

I am however very okay with henna style tattoos. You know, the typical scrolls you see when people do henna? I would actually be okay with those permanently. I consider them enhancements I guess? I will admit I have a weird aesthetic.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:48 PM   #14 
Kytkattin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banicks View Post
I have to ask...why?

Then again that seems to be a stupid questions when regarding body modification. I personally just cannot understand why you would want to mutilate/modify yourself in such a way?
I wondered when this question would come up.

I view it as a control thing. With a split tongue you can move both halves independently. I like how certain muscles can be isolated. I have been doing bellydancing for a while, where it is all about being able to move one body part while all others stay still. The only way I can isolate one half of my tongue is to modify it.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:25 AM   #15 
Banicks

I can understand that, but again, why do you want to be able to do that?

You said you don't like the idea of a permanent tattoo, but you're okay with a split in your tounge :o kinda permanent, not sure whether it's a myth but I have heard about a man getting it done and it severed a nerve which left him unable to use his tounge. Affecting speech, and so on.
Banicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:24 AM   #16 
Kytkattin

It is just something I am interested in being able to do. Maybe it is a milder form of Body Integrity Identity Disorder? I have been through a lot of physical pain, so I am not really thinking about that as a part of it (though I know a lot of piercers do). I want the results, which is to be able to move both halves individually.

As far as tattoos, I like art hung on walls or put on other people. Or maybe I should elaborate further so that the whole tongue splitting thing makes more sense.

This first picture is of henna, but it is actually something I would consider having as permanent ink (maybe not in the same place, but a similar design). In my mind it enhances the hand. It highlights what is already there and makes it more accentuated. At the very least, it does not detract from the body at all. It is very obviously on the body, almost one with the body. Like the stripes naturally are a part of a tiger's skin and fur.

This second one is simply placed on the body. It doesn't show off his arm, it covers his arm. There is a reason that when people have tattoos covering their whole arms they are called sleeves. It is so completely covered that it looks clothed. While I admire and love to look at these on other people, the look simply isn't for me personally. I enjoy my body actually looking unclothed when I am not wearing clothes.

Edit: And as for the risks, I will take my chances. Call it an unnecessary risk if you want, but it is one of those things that I don't want to regret not doing.

Last edited by Kytkattin; 11-04-2011 at 01:26 AM.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:31 AM   #17 
Pitluvs

Not judging, but can I ask how old you are? lol Reason I ask is because sometimes people don't really think about where life will lead them 10yrs down the road, and most of the things I wanted/did 10 years ago would have hindered most my chances I have today. I had my tongue pierced years ago and actually lost my job and home because of it :( I can't imagine anyone in the Government job section taking me seriously with a million tattoos and metal everywhere. This seems very permenant and weird to most people (not me though LOL).
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:45 AM   #18 
Kytkattin

I am 21. I am an artist. I already plan on not having a job. Ha.

Add to the fact that I already had cancer, and I am pretty much unhireable (is that even a word?). What employer wants to pay for insurance on someone with a "C" card before they are even 20?

I figure that even if it makes life harder, at least I got to be who I really am. And who says I won't be able to hide it pretty well?
Old 11-04-2011, 01:49 AM   #19 
Pitluvs

You totally can't hide that LOL But say when you're 30, how do you explain to your kids what's wrong with your tongue? Is be scared my son would try and cut his tongue like Mommy, he's three lol I dunno, I'm all for expressing one self, I love tattoos and such. Just make sure, cause its not something you can reverse. Being an artist, I am sure you won't be paying $5000 per surgery :P I kid. Now I must Google this.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:33 AM   #20 
Kytkattin

Gah, if I can even have kids. Though I don't really see it as being any different than them seeing someone else with a weird or even normal body part. Apparently the first time my mom saw African Americans as a little girl she started screaming because she had never seen anyone so dark. Ha.
And then her parents told her that her brother's male parts would eventually dry up and fall off. It is a good thing she didn't try to help them along...

From the videos I have seen, you really can't tell it is split during normal conversation. It has to come out for it to be noticeable, and even then it has to be intentionally moved apart.

It is reversible, but it is more damaging to reverse it than it is to do it in the first place. Just with retesting for cancer and the meds I am on for the rest of my life I will probably be broke.

Like I said, I am just getting it pierced first. And then I have to wait at least a month after that before I can start splitting it. I might wait longer. Though I have been thinking about it already for about a year. I am only just now getting serious about it.