Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-28-2007, 07:35 PM   #1 
MegK

hermia

the name i selected from one of the characters in a midsummer night's dream (which im auditioning for this year :))

and i was at the mall looking at the pet store after my boyfriend got is halo 3 blah blah

and u was looking through the fishes and saw this CUTE LITTLE THING in a tank with the gouramis. it was a peachy yellow female betta and adorable. i had to buy her, the guy said it was 12 but since he hated his boss he was going to give me her for 10 so i said yay and got some little pellets.

i never really liked bettas i thought they were depressing and such.. but this girl is so lively and pretty and i love her already. my camera is crappy but ill get a new one soon.

she is tiny and about half the size the one in cups u get. i love her so much.

shes in my one gallon right now, but i think im going to put her in my 10 gallon when its ready in about a week or two.

she is without a doubt going to be the main star, she is GORGEOUS!

edit: best picture i could get, she actually likes the camera, but those pics were extremely blurry. first fish ever to actually like my camera.. lol here she is!!!

MegK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:23 PM   #2 
tangy

She looks lovely. In these areas you only see blue, red, and black bettas. Rarely any bright or white bettas. I will let you know im quite jealous. :P
BTW plz dont mock Halo 3....its a guy thing
tangy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:36 PM   #3 
MegK

u should be jealous, she was quite a find.

and i wasnt mocking halo 3 it was just unimportant to the story so i said blah blah. i was actually playing it with my boyfriend in my house after we brought hermia home

i think shes full of eggs right now, which might explain her wonderful glow :)
Old 09-30-2007, 01:06 PM   #4 
nvmyluv420

shes a buetiful aprocot betta and she is looks to be what my fish guy calls a half moon, but i cant really see her back fin to well. if u wanted to put her in to the ten gallon right away that would be ok with my experience with bettas they dont react to ammonia, nitrate, and nitrite becuase they dont need to get oxygen from the water. but i would do what ur doing bc u dont want anything bad to happen to that lil buety! as far as eggs go i dont think thats the case, the pics not all that great but it seems like shes a lil bloated. the females wont produce eggs until a male triggers them to do so. i had one of my females die on me bc i put her in with my male but he never made the nest and she couldnt lay her eggs!!! it was very sad she looked a lot like yours but she had red etching on her fins. good luck!
nvmyluv420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 04:14 PM   #5 
MegK

no shes not bloated. its eggs. she has the egg spot and has it for awhile, and today, she has eggs floating around.shes guarding them right now lol.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:56 PM   #6 
tangy

i always thought the males bubble nest was necessary to fertilize eggs. wierd indeed. but heck! u have eggs! congrats :P
can we have a pic plz? i really wanna see what this looks like.
tangy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 05:30 PM   #7 
MegK

yea eggs, but without the bubble nest there will be no babies.. and heck i have enough baby kribensis. but who knows, might be a fishy miracle lol

sorry crappy picture,cam is dead and i got really bad glare

Old 10-04-2007, 05:41 AM   #8 
MegK

ok the nest has grown 4 times that size now.. should i clean them out soon or something?

Old 10-04-2007, 09:05 AM   #9 
Lupin

Location: Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Information Super Highway
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegK
she has eggs floating around.shes guarding them right now lol.
Meg, I'm confused. I don't believe I've seen female bettas making bubblenest and guarding them. Their eggs do not float. Why else would male bettas make bubblenests if eggs float? This is logical.

Your picture appears to be a bubblenest, not a bunch of eggs floating. nvmyluv420 has a point.

If Hermia is the only betta there, my guess is she's a male.
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:23 PM   #10 
MegK

its not a bubble nest, they are eggs. she is female.

actually, i cleaned her water and she has been eating some of them, but there are eggs, she made a bubble nest for them herself...

but they are eggs.. idk how she made her a bubble nest, but she did and there was eggs in them