Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-04-2011, 12:58 AM   #1 
shinsolo

Question picky eater?

Hey guys,

I think I might have a problem (yet again). Rudolphus the fish does not seem to like his food. I saw him eat the first day, but after taking a couple nibbles at it he sorta gave up on it and now they just about always fall to the bottom of the bowl uneaten.

Right now I'm using Betta Bio-Gold from Hikari. The little tiny floating pellets. He does eat though. When I give him a blood worm treat he munches out, he just doesn't like his regular food. Should I try another brand or just give him some more time? And if I do switch, what are some good ones that I might have better luck with? I know betta food isn't that expensive, but I'd rather not buy every single brand in the store until I find one he'll eat! I will do that, but I'd rather get it right quicker! For Rudolphus' sake!

Don't want him to get all skinny on me.

~Shin
shinsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:22 AM   #2 
Juice

I don't think it's the brand of pellet as much as it is he has had a taste of something delicious and has become picky. It's like having a nibble off a nice juicy steak (if you're into that) and then being offered tofu as the main course :P You can try fasting him for a day or two and see if he takes to the pellets then. I've never had a Betta starve itself so I wouldn't worry much about that. I'd also lay off the worms for a while so he can get use to his pellets.
Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:38 AM   #3 
shinsolo

I only gave him one blood worm to see if he would eat it, and he did! As far as I know it was the first he ever had, and he'd decided not to eat before that. But thank you very much! I will try the no feeding thing for a few days! He's bound to eat eventually. Maybe if that doesn't work, I should call the pet store and see what they were feeding him?
shinsolo is offline   Reply With Quote