Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-04-2011, 07:45 PM   #11 
Bambi

No, it's not that. every line starts some where. if you're willing to work with the line then the fry you have now can be used.

ETA: ooo, i was looking at that vid earlier xD nice fish.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:45 PM   #12 
Gloria

Yeah I just found her on youtube.. Thanks GreenTea... So I need to see if she has any Dragon Scale Crown Tail Bettas?

@ Bambi - But it will just take a LONG LONG time?
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #13 
GreenTea

Yeah she often has dragon scales and imports every tail type I've ever seen, they might be a bit pricey but she will hold fish for you, just communicate and let her know whats up :) Good luck. And no, you might be able to get some partial dragon scaled cts or something from this spawn and then just breed them back to dad. Do what I used to do and troll the fish stores frequently :) Now I troll aquabid frequently...wallet is suffering. AB is another option, they will ship to Australia through fishchick, you have to notify her BEFORE bidding though or you cant get your fish. I'd ask her what her rates were and such.
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:51 PM   #14 
Bambi

well, take into account it take 4-6 months for a spawn to grow to breeding size.

And it'll take you 3+ generations to see something that resembles a dragon CT.
After they start to sort of look the way you like it's just about bettering the line, more web reduction and better dragon scaling theoretically.

So it'll take about a year to start it, and perfecting it? who knows. But i've never seen a dragonscale CT, so it would be worth it. ^^

ETA: I troll my petstores aswell. xD But we have 4-5 here in town so it's easier for me.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:59 PM   #15 
Gloria

Ok well I might get into contact with her.
I dont want it to take FOREVER to get what i want. But dunno. Will contact her and see what she can do and let y'all know :)
Old 11-06-2011, 01:58 AM   #16 
floridiansx

i would get a pair of halfmoon dragonscale since theres plenty of them, and a pair of crowntail. then breed halfmoon male to crowntail female, and the other two together. then pick the most dragonscale frys to breed back to the crowntail parents.
floridiansx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:24 AM   #17 
Gloria

Would that work?
Old 11-06-2011, 10:27 PM   #18 
Gloria

I have been told my best bet is to look on Aquabid and see if there are any Dragon Scale CTs' on there. I don't really know how to use it?! Has anyone ever seen a Dragon Scale CT on there? Is there someone specific on there i can talk to that sometimes breeds them?
Old 11-06-2011, 11:11 PM   #19 
Bambi

Just go to the crown tail section and look through them, dragons will usually have dragon in their titles.

I don't see any dragon scale CT's for sale, but you can get dragon scale HM's and breed them to your CT's.
two breeders with a few to choose from are smilebetta:
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1320943728

and
chulinda: http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1321077217

They have an email for fish girl in the shipping info, you have to contact her before you order fish because she will be the one who get's your fish from the thailand shippers and send it to your house. ^^

If you wanna wait and keep looking, at the top of the page is a searching thing. in the scroll menu find crowntails, then type in dragon and search. ^^
Old 11-07-2011, 01:14 AM   #20 
Gloria

Thanx Bambi. I am not planning to bred again til early/ mid next year, just to get sorted on what I am doing.. My CT female isn't dragon scaled but...

Thank you again for the help, I will keep checking on AB and see how I go :)
I am guessing it will cost a fortune to get one off AB?!