Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-04-2011, 09:49 PM   #1 
ILoveBettas98

Talking Do Your Betta's Have Personalities?

Hi, Nicholas here. I was wondering what kind of personalities other peoples betta's have. I have two bettas: Nike, a white and partially red crowntail, and Ruban, a blue veiltale. Nike is energetic and knows how to ask for food. He stares at me and doesn't do anything until I feed him, then he gets all excited and gobbles it up. Ruban, on the other hand, is the total oposite. He is laid-back and calm. When I feed him, he just slowly eats it. They are so cute! What do your bettas do?
ILoveBettas98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:05 PM   #2 
fishman12

Yeah most bettas in a desirable environment will show some type of personality. Both of my bettas gobble up their food. QS snatches the pellet and swims to the back of the aquarium.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:22 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

Several of mine will jump as soon as they see my hand move over their tanks. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:26 PM   #4 
doggyhog

I moved this to Betta Chat instead of the lounge. Hope that is fine. :)
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:28 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

lol! I saw it in the lounge then again in chat. I thought I was going to have to remove a duplicate thread. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:36 PM   #6 
Luimeril

i've had so many bettas.... they DO have little personalities.

out of the six i have now

Lulu's sweet and very interactive with me
Heavy's shy, but friendly
Spy likes to hide out from me, but wiggles when she thinks i have food
Ichi loves showing off
Scout thinks he's something special and is very cocky
King Steve.... thinks he's king, and spreads his fins to show off for me

xD that's JUST of the six i have now!
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:44 AM   #7 
EM0280729

Me and my sister have a male crowntale betta and he is soooooo special xD he doesn't like the darkness AT ALL i had him in my room and when i would turn of MY light to go to sleep and leave his tank light on.. he would flare and get super angry because there was darkness around his tank. So now he's in the living room with his tank light on AND the lamp on. And we have to crush his food because he won't eat it at times, and if we feed him we have to wait until he's done eating one pellete because if we put two at a time he wont eat, i guess because it gets soggy idk but hes special lol
EM0280729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:16 PM   #8 
NinjaBettacom

Quote:
Originally Posted by EM0280729 View Post
Me and my sister have a male crowntale betta and he is soooooo special xD he doesn't like the darkness AT ALL i had him in my room and when i would turn of MY light to go to sleep and leave his tank light on.. he would flare and get super angry because there was darkness around his tank. So now he's in the living room with his tank light on AND the lamp on. And we have to crush his food because he won't eat it at times, and if we feed him we have to wait until he's done eating one pellete because if we put two at a time he wont eat, i guess because it gets soggy idk but hes special lol
Hahaha i like that :DDD
NinjaBettacom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:46 PM   #9 
TaraVictor

Victor, my crowntail betta (as pictured in my avatar ;)) can be quite aggressive. He is currently housed in a 5 gallon (25 litre) tank with 3 platies (and 3 platy fry, which are quarantined in a separate hatchery, at least until they get big enough to not be Victor's lunch =P) and he flares at them and chases after them when they get near any of the bubble nests he makes (or tries to make, since there's a filter), or sometimes he just goes after them in general.

There are times where he flares at his reflection in the glass too, which happens more frequent once the light has been turned off. Otherwise, he has his calm moments, like right now where he is just hanging around in one of the corners.

On the other hand, Spartacus, my mum's blue crowntail betta, is quite calm with his Zebra Danio tank mates. From my experience (and it's quite short lived xP) I've always found blue bettas to be quite calm compared to red ones. My sister has a red veiltail betta, and he has already taken the eye out of one of her rummy nose tetras.
TaraVictor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:14 PM   #10 
valleyankee

My betta is a piranha. I have the tank on my desk and sometimes he will sit by the edge watching me. When I turn my head to look, he flares. Other times he will be swimming around the back of the tank, when I look towards the tank he zooms from that back to the from in full flare. He eats from my fingers and recently he has started jumping when i feed him or hold my hand over the tank.

I am fairly certain that if I was smaller, he would eat me.
valleyankee is offline   Reply With Quote