Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-10-2011, 10:13 PM   #31 
maggie9059789

oh okies thank you ver much, adny dont worry ur not even close to nagging or anything non positive, thank you guys for helping me

THANKY YOU VERY MUCH :D without all of ur guy's help, i dont think my beloved blazer would still be....alive.....

hes still really inactive right now though, so yah maybe i shall switch to the salt treatment on...sunday,yah just trying out the medicion for tommrow again, then clear/fresh water for 24 hours then start the salt treatment
maggie9059789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:37 AM   #32 
maggie9059789

THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR TELLING ME TO CHANGE THE TEMPERATURE BACK TO 26DEGREES CELCEOUS 3 HOURS LATER BLAZER SWAM AROUND :') IT WAS LIKE A MIRACLE <3 thank you sooooo much

AND THANK YOU SOOO MUCH EVERYONE <3

i will really take extra good care of blazer now,i've totally learned my lesson of not being EVEN MORE observant of my fish when he was acting slightly less active,

he's finally showing signs of him getting better :)

okies so i'll add 1 more ml of the med tommrow and do the treatment for 2-4 more days to make sure the ick is clearly gone
(its like an every OTHER day medicion thing so yah)

IS THERE ANY THING I HAVE OR CAN ADD TO WATER OR DO TO ENSURE HIS HEALTH?? i do observe him alot and play with im in the morning n right wheni come home from school at around 4 pm and for about half horu to over an hour durring his dinner time.

THIS IS WHAT I DID BEFORE HE WAS SICK i know i have to make adjustments n such so plz correct me and tell me what to add or take out from his daily.weekly routine

~3 pellets in morning 3 pellets at night this is the food
http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=4368182
(and probably not that important but his breakfast time is at 7:45-8:15am ish but it might be delayed by and hour or 2 on weekends because i sleep in and dinner time is 9pm something daily)
~i play and "observe" him daily during his breakfast,dinner and when i pass by him i get distracted n play or just stare at him :) and by play i mean I've actually taught him some tricks,like when i clap my hands and move my finger in circles he swims in a diving circle like movement.and another trick is when i shake my head he imitates me too and moves his head left and right
~i do 100% water changes every Saturday (I'M PRETTY SURE THIS IS WRONG NOW...SO WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?HOW OFTEN WHAT %? PLEASE TRY TO BE EXACT and go to like down to the very detailed details is possible)
~i add 1ml of API's stress coat to new water.which is about I'd say 1.5 gallons
here is link to the one I'm referring to and it has more info on it here in case u don't know much about it:
http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...uctId=10850829
~the bowl/plastic cubed shape jar is about 1.5 gallon. heres are the dimension of his cube: 17cm x 19 cm AND THAT'S THE WATER PART the part that i usually fill up his tank by
~and before (he got sick last Saturday) he only has a leaf hammock in his tank/container,that was absolutely it....
http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=4055997
by the way,yes i know how people have cases of it's metal stem/rod rusting, I stopped using it last week when i saw it was getting brown,but about 3 days ago i email the company making it and they told me they had made new ones that has something added to the leaf that doesn't rust, and they're sending me a new one....eventually ~OH AND no heater or anything,the hammock was literally it, BUT NOW there's a good homemade heater that's designed to be 27 degrees celceous (my dad knows his machinery and stuff so its safe) and it has no like pointy,sharp,edgy of anything like that that can harm my Betta's fins and bodyAND THAT'S BASICLY IT,MY WHOLE "PET FISH LIFE STORY"and I've gotten him on Monday September 5th,2011 (Labour Day)

~SO WHAT SHOULD I NORMALLY ADD TO HIS WATER DURRING WATER CHANGES?
~HOW OFTEN OF WATER CHANGES AND WHAT PERCENTAGE OF WATER CHANGE FOR MY SIZE OF TANK?
(dimensions again are 17cm by18/19 cm)can someone please also tell me if that'd be 1.5 gallon?more? less?
~what should i do if he's less active again?even the slightest bit less active? because i can tell pretty easily.and i do really take my time "observing him" and spend quite a bit of time with him daily
and the time spent is slit all throughout the day,when i wake up,after school,and my blazer's dinner time
~what should i do if there's also other changes that i notice about him? by that i mean maybe some spots or something appearing on him.it might be an early sign of some illness or it could be natural but i want to be safe and know more of exactly what going on so the illness won't effect him that badly if I'd catch it earlier and treat him earlier

AND PLEASE ADD ANYTHING ELSE THAT I SHOULD KNOW
AGAIN THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!!!
Old 11-11-2011, 01:42 AM   #33 
maggie9059789

OH AND ONE MORE QUESTION THATS BEEN BOTHERING ME FOR LIKE OVER A MONTH.one of his eyes just one, has this like glare. i'm not sure if thats the word for it,my vocab honestly isn't that big. but like you know how in pictures your eyes may looks red or something because of lighting? and also like in cat's eyes how they glare red or something. one of my fish's eye is like that too,like when hes from some angle with the light,there just that creepy red glare coming from his eye. do you know what i'm trying to explain?
I'M SORRY IF I'M CONFUSING YOU,MAIN POINT: ONE OF MY FISH'S EYE HAS THIS RED "GLARE"(when the light is from like a specific angle or something u see it)similar to a cat's red eye glare
Old 11-11-2011, 01:46 AM   #34 
Pataflafla

For anything bigger than a half gallon, but smaller than a 5 gallon, you should probably do 1 50% and 1 100% change weekly.

As far as what to add, just use your regular water conditioner and make sure the temperature is similar to what your betta's container water is. You don't want a giant temperature difference because that could send him into shock and make things worse.

If you notice any other strange things or his behavior being off, then up the water changes a little during the week. For the most part, if caught early enough, clean water will take care of most anything.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:48 AM   #35 
maggie9059789

http://attachments.techguy.org/attac...les_redeye.jpg
its pretty much like the cat's red eye glare especially like the eye on the left,the one thats more red
Old 11-11-2011, 01:50 AM   #36 
maggie9059789

so when you say do one 50% and 100% so can u please give me an example
like so if i do a 100% water change every saturday what day of the week do i do the 50% water change? (sorry for asking so many questions, i just want to make sure I'm doing the best i can on the "owner" part)
Old 11-11-2011, 02:37 AM   #37 
Pataflafla

If you plan on doing 100% on saturdays, maybe try doing a 50% on wednesday since it's the middle of the week.

The two changes are to keep the ammonia down while keeping the water not too clean (You still want a healthy immune response, which is hampered by water that's cleaned too often).
Old 11-11-2011, 03:17 PM   #38 
maggie9059789

okies,alrighty then, and one more question,so how long should i leave the tap water in the container i store it in to de-chlorinate,24 hours before i put it into tank?(cuz i also add stress coat to it right before water's added to tank,does it matter if i let it declorinate for like 2 days?would that make the water even better/worse or effect it in any way?)
oh and is it safe to just get tap water and add stress coat to it and dump it into tank with fish right away?
Old 11-11-2011, 06:06 PM   #39 
Pataflafla

If you aren't using it as a water conditioner (to take out heavy metals and chlorine), then definitely have it sit out fora day or two in advance.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:24 PM   #40 
JKfish

Hey Maggie~

Pataflafla has you covered~

Aging your water (letting it sit for a day before using a dechlorinator) is good but not necessary, especially since you're using stress coat to dechlorinate.

I took a look at your food, and next time you stop by a petstore (if possible) you might want to switch it out. Bettas require a minimum of 40% protein in their food, and it's good to have the first two or three ingredients in the pellets as some form of protien (fish, shrimp, fish meal, etc). The brand you have is a little under par. I'd recommend either Omega One Betta Buffet Pellets, or the top fin color enhancing betta bits.

If you notice him acting really off at all (extremely sluggish, not moving, not eating, etc), it's always a good idea to do a 50% water change, just to see if a cleaner tank will help him. However, one 50% and one 100% water changes a week ought to keep him in good shape. For the most part, don't stress. He's on his way to recovery, and you're learning how to keep him healthy. From the sound of things, he's got an awesome tank and home with you. Betta's are hardy fish, and he'll thrive under your care. :)
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote