Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-06-2011, 08:06 AM   #11 
Larsa

weeeeeeee this is a fun thread! xP Well, I have 2 dragon boys in their each lil' 1.5 gallon Critter Keeper! Mr. Shiro ( mustard gas..erm... "yellow-blue bicolor" ) and Mr. Kyoshi ( pink/red and white ) neighbor my other dragon Jappi, who got Kasumi's old tank. Luckily, these 2 dragons are still just babies so they are kinda small. I want to get them some more plants, hopefully my B-day present will include extras! xD I used to get lots of triops kits, and they came with a decent "sticker thermometer" I stuck them on the sides of their tanks :P I give them a 100% water changes every other day or so. Luckily the water stays very warm, about 76 F in my apt its about that much. If I want to get them warmer, I turn up the heat on my AC unit and it warms the water fairly fast! However, when I took this picture their water was cold because I forgot to leave my heater on! 0.0 I promise that they got a water change just now *winks * ^-^ None have slept on their hammocks yet, whadda shame :/
Attached Images

Last edited by Larsa; 11-06-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:13 AM   #12 
LilyK

How big are the largest critter keepers? about 5g?
LilyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:43 AM   #13 
Sweeda88

Sequin and Data each live in a 3 gallon PetCo Pet Keeper. I no longer have the cave in Data's tank. He never used it and it just gets in the way of his activity. Also, the rocks are no longer in there. They just got annoying at water change time. They were light and got sucked up by the siphon too easily. I only have Sequin in this tank because his tank (a 5g) sprung a leak. He doesn't really like it. I'm going to be cleaning out my glass 5 gallon and setting it up for him soon. It has an algae problem, so I really have to go to town on it!
Attached Images

Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:14 AM   #14 
jfw

Larsa what is that in your one gallon? It looks like the air stone / hose. I'm just curious about it since I have the exact same tank.
jfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:30 PM   #15 
Larsa

oh, you mean JAppi's tank? lolz I got the tank at a walmart but I took out the air stone and totally put in a whisper filter! I have to tilt it kinda sideways or it will hit the lid @-@
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:32 PM   #16 
jfw

lol is it worth running? also I just saw your from mckinney. My girlfriend and I both graduated from North in 07 .!
jfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:06 PM   #17 
LaLaLeyla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
weeeeeeee this is a fun thread! xP Well, I have 2 dragon boys in their each lil' 1.5 gallon Critter Keeper! Mr. Shiro ( mustard gas..erm... "yellow-blue bicolor" ) and Mr. Kyoshi ( pink/red and white ) neighbor my other dragon Jappi, who got Kasumi's old tank. Luckily, these 2 dragons are still just babies so they are kinda small. I want to get them some more plants, hopefully my B-day present will include extras! xD I used to get lots of triops kits, and they came with a decent "sticker thermometer" I stuck them on the sides of their tanks :P I give them a 100% water changes every other day or so. Luckily the water stays very warm, about 76 F in my apt its about that much. If I want to get them warmer, I turn up the heat on my AC unit and it warms the water fairly fast! However, when I took this picture their water was cold because I forgot to leave my heater on! 0.0 I promise that they got a water change just now *winks * ^-^ None have slept on their hammocks yet, whadda shame :/
Lol I actually just ordered some triops. xP
LaLaLeyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:47 PM   #18 
LionCalie

This is a Large 3 gallon Critter Keeper. I've got a little desk lamp to provide light. It houses Taio, my Halfmoon Doubletail Plakat.

LionCalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 02:01 PM   #19 
Aluyasha

Everyone has such great looking setups. Why is mine so boring to me? lol
...I am going to the petstore today. hehe
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 02:03 PM   #20 
LilyK

I'm always in the pet store; I'm surprised I don't have more than three bettas :p
LilyK is offline   Reply With Quote