Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-05-2011, 11:43 AM   #1 
EverythingNice55

Talking Crazy Bettas!

Hey, betta fans! EN55 here! Yes, I am back form my break. So, I decided to make this thread!

I want you guys to tell me what CRAZY things your betta does! You can include pictures and/or videos! The crazy thing could be cute, funny, silly, annoying etc. Bettas do silly things, so let's talk about it!

I'll start. My betta, Mr Jingles, likes to make rolls of poop and play with them. Of course, he's upset when I clean the tank, and he finds no poop. Now it's your turn!

What crazy things do your bettas do?
EverythingNice55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:41 PM   #2 
Pataflafla

Mine's more in the scary region simply because it deals with Ratchet.

I let Ratchet see both Lyra and Moonshoes yesterday from his new tank. There were 2 plates of glass and an inch of space between the tanks, but he still managed to see Lyra and get very aggressive (So much that I have never seen him quite like he was). At first he flared and danced for her like he usually does for the ladies, but when she failed to take notice he tried to attack her. He was biting the side of his aquarium right where she was behind and flipping out of the water in an attempt to get to her.

I guess this is simply another reason why he will never spawn ever. If any female ruined a bubble nest he built or didn't react the way he wanted to his dancing, I feel they would soon be in shreds if they were together for breeding.

It's also cemented that Ratchet will get no tank mates ever as well. He's such a meanie.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:48 PM   #3 
Myates

One of my boys got stuck upside down between and under some rocks in his tank.. which really isn't unusual for that one, he tends to always get stuck somewhere.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:00 PM   #4 
Badjer

My boy Tybalt has issues with the divider that separates him from his neighbor. He's always swimming along the bottom of it, messing with the gravel trying to find a way past it. Silly guy is just so determined!
Badjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:10 PM   #5 
Thesharpestlives

my Boy zipper loves to pick up rocks, carry them to the top of his tank,drop them, and chase them :) Hes quite a character :)
Thesharpestlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:24 AM   #6 
CyerRyn

One of my baby girls (Dahlia) is absolutely the definition of crazy.. or at least "rabid". Ever since I got her (for my birthday ) if I put my finger anywhere around her she tries to bite it.. even through the glass she'll attack. She's almost jumped out of her bowl a few times when taking the cover off. I think she might have fish ADHD and could use some anger fish management.
CyerRyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:07 AM   #7 
EverythingNice55

Phew! Wow! Crazy! LOL! Great stories!
EverythingNice55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:37 PM   #8 
Memphis

Kratos has a lot of personality for a fish like him. First day when I brought him home he was already causing trouble. I never get tired of watching him swimming around in the bowl finding silly things to amuse himself with.

There is this one fake plant that he loves playing limbo with the lower leaves. I caught him many times squeezing under the leaf, pop out on the other side, and does it again couple times.

Feeding time is very amusing watching him stalk his food and attacks it like a little Piranha. Sometime he spits it out, and dives at when it floats down it to finish it off.

And he does not like the chopstick I use to fish out the uneaten food he has lying on the bottom. Every time time it touches the water, he attacks it, or flares when he sees it near his bowl O_o
Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:48 PM   #9 
Silverfang

One of my girls, Velvet is quite the character, She will steal food from the shrimps, they managed to find a few pieces of blood worms yesterday, she stole like 3 small bits of worm. IT was so funny, and kinda sad for the shrimps.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:54 PM   #10 
Bombalurina

My girls like to catch the cory pellets and play mouthball with it. My boss female, Medea, will grab it and swim around with it until she figures out it is too big to swallow, then bite out a chunk and throw it away with a toss of her head. Another girl will catch it and repeat, right through all 6 of them.
It's a wonder the cories ever get any food.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crazy bettas