Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-28-2011, 12:40 AM   #1 
RRcivicSI

VTAK and his new 10 gallon

Got his 10 gallon set up and him in it today. He seems to be loving it. I would be too if I was stuck in a 1 gallon bowl for months haha hope y'all like his setup now tankmates??? Any suggestions?? Besides neon tetras.. hate those haha

RRcivicSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:05 AM   #2 
Kytkattin

It is pretty, but you need a lot more plants and coverage, especially if you want to add more fish. Bettas like it too crowded over too open.

However, I am glad that he is adjusting well! Some bettas get rather stressed at first when they have so much more space!
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:45 AM   #3 
RRcivicSI

My buddy is bringing me some live plants he has tomorrow hopefully. He has some cover at the rocks he seems to like but the plants are gonna make it much more pleasant for him. The tank mates will come slowly. So far I know ima get some ghost shrimp and a couple cory catfish. But as far as another type fish I need more research on. Don't need no tank drama haha I use fish tanks to ease my mind from the other drama in my life haha
Old 10-28-2011, 03:06 AM   #4 
BellasMomma

I love it!!! and i bet he does too!! he went from a studio to a house!!! nice upgrade, post more pics when u add the plants, id love to see!
BellasMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:20 AM   #5 
RRcivicSI

Will do. Best thing about this setup was it was all FREE lol picked up tank heater pump 3 new filters and top from my girlfriends buddy. The rocks all are from the creek in my backyard haha. The big one is the coolest. It has a lil cavern like area on it with a roof.. that's his favorite spot now. He's all over this tank haha
Old 10-28-2011, 03:45 AM   #6 
RRcivicSI

here's his lil cavern
Old 10-28-2011, 06:08 PM   #7 
Micho

Ten gallons you could do 6 ~ 8 Ember Tetras or Pygmy Cories. Either one, they're great tankmates for a Betta in a ten gallon.
Micho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:21 PM   #8 
Bombalurina

Much as I LOVE cories, I definitely don't recommend them for your tank. The substrate is just too large and they will hurt their little barbels on it. They do best with small, smooth gravel, or, even better, sand. Another problem with large pebbles is gas pockets forming - the cories eventually manage to shift some pebbles and get gassed in the face, which also hurts their barbels.

Definitely some ember tetras, though, when you have more cover. And shrimps. :) A bit of java moss tucked into some rocky crevices would make it a very nifty shrimp paradise. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:35 AM   #9 
BellasMomma

well u cant beat free!!! thats awesome that u had rocks right in yer own back yard!! so all u had to pay for was the fish!! AWESOME!!
BellasMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:53 PM   #10 
RRcivicSI

Ok so is it odd. I put plants in the tank. And it stressed him out??he stayed hidden behind the heater for 2 days. I took them out and a hour in a half or so later. He was completely back to normal.