Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-05-2011, 10:54 PM   #1 
HelloThere123Betta

Anyone else a Monster High fan?

Lol yes, I know, kinda childish considering I'm 16 years old....BUT, I love the concept of teenage monster misfits all going to school together. I don't have any of the dolls or anything but I do love the books! I've read the first two and am waiting for the third! Is anyone else a Monster High fan? Do collect the dolls, or read the books like me?
HelloThere123Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:12 PM   #2 
Ksiezniczka

I am a fan of the dolls and web series, even though I am in my 20s and thus WAY over their target age group. I don't like the books though.

Draculaura is my favourite, I have her doll on my bookshelf.
Ksiezniczka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:32 PM   #3 
HelloThere123Betta

Oh, okay. Cool! I really like the thought of collecting the doll but I don't know if I could ever buy a doll. My parents would look at me weird.
HelloThere123Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:34 PM   #4 
Ksiezniczka

Ahaha when you get to my age you stop thinking about what your parents think of you. Yes, my mother thinks I am weird, but you know what? I am okay with that. I am okay with being thought of as "weird" if it means I get to spend my hard-earned money on things I actually WANT, like dolls and fish and stuff, instead of what SHE would want me to spend it on, like "normal" fashions that I don't even like to wear.
If you want a doll, I say go for it!
Old 11-06-2011, 04:56 PM   #5 
Kytkattin

I am 21 and I still love Pokemon. I would also throw out there that I love Harry Potter, but that is something that I will never outgrow. I just can't. Slytherin for life!
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:33 PM   #6 
Laki

I'm 24. I love Harry Potter and Pokemon (the old ones) and the original Care Bears... My 7 yr old neice showed me the Monster High doll she wanted for Christmas and I thought, "oh, okay they're not that bad. They're fully clothed they're just vampires.. Cool!" Then my mom showed me the MH doll she actually bought for Chloe and it's almost naked. I couldn't believe it. I don't like the fact that dolls can be sold with a tiny sliver of fabric to pass as her bikini. My niece is 7. Ugh. It discusts me.

Does that make me old?
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:00 PM   #7 
Ksiezniczka

Actually, within the Gloom Beach line, Cleo de Nile is the only doll in a bikini. Everyone else has one piece suits, with Draculaura's looking like it's from the 1920s almost. So it must be the Cleo de Nile doll, and, yes, it's revealing, but it fits her character. Cleo is the "defrosting ice queen popular girl" of the group.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:33 PM   #8 
Laki

That clears it up ^.^ I don't know the context or story of Mh... Either way, since Chloe takes all the clothes off her dolls anyway it's okay bc mom got her a MH set of clothes to go with the naked doll.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monster high