Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-07-2011, 05:49 PM   #1 
Gamma

Question curled fins?

My sisters betta's dorsal fin looks kind of curled and strangely thin you can almost see through his fins. Isn't that a disease? how do I cure it? Sorry but I can't post pics I haven't figured that out yet but I could chage my profile pic to Warren.

Fun fact about Warren (sisters fish) I strongley suspect he's a ST (spade tail) and his color change's when he flare's.
Gamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:43 PM   #2 
vilmarisv

For posting pics:
When creating a thread you just click on the paper clip (attachment) and upload the picture from your computer. After you click on the clip, a window will pop up.
Click "Browse" look up the picture on your computer and click "Upload". When the picture is done uploading, you will see it listed below the "browse" section.
Scroll down and "Close this Window"

If you're posting on a thread that has already started, click on "Go Advance" and you will be taken to a page that will give you the option to load pics as below.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:15 AM   #3 
HatsuneMiku

if his tail is slightly curled at the tips .. that's usually from higher PH water .. some bettas are more sensitive to water hardness and it can cause a slight curl to the ends of fins

the thin see through-ish looking webbing you see at the tips of his fins is most likely new fin growth .. it starts clear and see-through and you'll see it come in between his rays .. then it will get color after a while ^_^
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:48 AM   #4 
Myates

Dorsal fins curl usually due to unfavorable water conditions, whether be hard water or unclean water, and could also be genetics. I have two who have a big curl with thinning on their dorsal fins, got them that way. There is no way to treat it (they are in the best water conditions, as well as one was in AQ treatment for 10 days for a different reason). Just keep up on the water changes so it doesn't get worse and feed a variety diet high in protein. He's healthy, it's not a disease, just an abnormality.

I have a ST, very pretty fin shape :) And the coloration you see is on him is called cellophane. My ST has the same thing- he's dark red/blue/white with a metallic blue cellophane on his fins. Hope you get a picture up so we can see your sister's pretty boy :)
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:46 PM   #5 
Gamma

Thanks I'll try to get pics up in the next couple days. :)
Gamma is offline   Reply With Quote