Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-08-2011, 05:27 AM   #1 
Bellus Bellator

I'm in love and obsessed.

I'm so in love with BB.Yes he's just a red veil tail but I think he's simply superb.I think I love him more than my cats.....then again BB doesn't sniff my face at 4am begging for breakfast so maybe that's why.

He's the first betta I've ever looked after properly.My first betta Pablo was a sorely neglected creature living in a 1 gallon tank with a bare bottom, 1 sad little nana and no heating .I still loved him and cried when he died but I was young and irresponsible(at the time I could barley look after myself) and have felt guilty ever since.

When I first got him I was unsure about how I would feel,I've had goldfish before and hated them with a passion.Simply saying the word "goldfish" sends a shudder up my spine,filthy beggars!I remembered how much I loved Pablo and thought "what the hey,lets try this again and do it right this time" and I've been so happy ever since.His personality is HUGE and is growing ever day,I genuinely think he likes me too.

I just wanted to share.

Name:  P1000736.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  50.3 KB

^Look at those ventral fins!They're just so delicate and beautiful!

Name:  P1000731.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  45.1 KB

Name:  P1000737.jpg
Size:  50.1 KB

Name:  P1000732.jpg
Size:  56.8 KB

^I've noticed veil tails don't have a huge fan-base out there but I think they're just divine.They are easily my favorite type of betta.I love the way they swim.
Bellus Bellator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:54 AM   #2 
fleetfish

He may "only" be a red VT, but I think he's gorgeous too :)
VTs have to be my favourite, especially those red ones! They're so flashy. One of my first waaay way back was a red boy.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:17 AM   #3 
titusthebetta

He looks JUST like my Nero! No, I completely understand what you mean. VTs don't necessarily get as much love because they're so common.
titusthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:15 AM   #4 
Gen2387

Lol! He's beautiful! My first (Captain Destroy) looked exactly like your BB. I think that the only reason people don't talk too much about them is because they are way more common. That doesn't mean they aren't special. From experience they have as much character as CTs or HMs or any other type of betta! And they are beautiful.
Gen2387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:59 AM   #5 
LittleNibbles93

Such a beautiful red!

Yeah, veiltails are at the bottom of the list of popularity these days, but alot of us here love them. To me, they're like the "Black and white" of the tail types, they're classic, and are the most elegant.
LittleNibbles93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:26 AM   #6 
Bellus Bellator

I have relayed your kind words of praise to BB and he sends his thanks.
They are very common but that's probably because they're so beautiful. Veil tails are perfect to me.Besides the fact that they and their movement is lovely being a veterinary nurse and seeing what breeding (well actually bad breeders) can do to animals I have a sneaking suspicion that veil tails are over all probably the healthiest breed.I still need to test this completely unfounded theory of course Hmmm maybe that's what I should tell my husband when I get the next one "I"m doing research" That'll go down well :P

Love the names nero and captain destroy!Awesome
Old 11-08-2011, 08:32 AM   #7 
Tikibirds

He looks almost identical to my Barron von Fishy Fins.
I like VT's and dont get why they are so looked down upon.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:38 AM   #8 
Super Fish

He's lovely! I must admit I am not the biggest fan of veiltails, but I just got my first one and he's growing on me! Now looking at your boy, I thik I might need a red one!
Super Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:52 AM   #9 
mjoy79

Aww. BB is beautiful. I miss my red VT Chandler a lot. Yes his coloring was common but he made sure to have a stubborn, silly personality. He flared at me if I fed him the wrong food or took his picture. :)
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:11 AM   #10 
Bellus Bellator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoy79 View Post
Aww. BB is beautiful. I miss my red VT Chandler a lot. Yes his coloring was common but he made sure to have a stubborn, silly personality. He flared at me if I fed him the wrong food or took his picture. :)
OMG BB is exactly the same with food!He hates pellets and gets stroppy if I try to feed him any.He also charges me and flares whenever I look at him or simply pass the tank.
He's pretty smart too,he's learnt to be wary of the glass that I catch him with(when before he was curious) and that the orange light going off on the camera means that the flash is coming so usually he'll turn away when he sees it,thus avoiding the flash.He also doesn't like me spying on him going about his business and will get a little startled puff right up and charge to the front to tell me off.Makes me feel a little bad for frightening him but it still makes me laugh.