Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-11-2011, 10:16 PM   #21 
purplemuffin

Miah- Uromastyx are a little less common in the hobby than bearded dragons or leopard geckos, but I have seen them in a petsmart once or twice. They do get big though, and I wouldn't exactly call them the ultimate beginner reptile, but they are super cute and really cool.
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:23 PM   #22 
Bellus Bellator

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathbar View Post
My 3 egyptian uromastyx: Pickles, Toki and Murderface

Awesome lizards! I love Dethklok!
Bellus Bellator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:55 AM   #23 
Bombalurina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
Why are they illegal to own? My cage holds 10, and I have another empty that holds 3. I'm good with my 5 in the cage that holds 10 lol Kinda like a single betta in a 10g tank when you think about it. sadly, these are the last rats I'll own for a while. I owned them from 2003 on, but took a break between 2006 and 2009. I had a Dumbo Velveteen BEW once, he was like a little lamb <3
Dumbos aren't a legal permutation in Australia - I think the authorities are worried that it will cause genetic problems. There isn't a single one here. :( Which is silly, because Manx rats are legal, and they have about 10 gazillion more health problems than dumbos. Are there even any specific issues with the dumbo ear type?

Why will these be your last ratties? :(
Mine might be the last for a while too, since I can't guarantee what life is going to be like after I graduate. If I go into police or military training, I won't be able to even have my fishies. :( That is the biggest put-off about those options.

So jealous of your BEW-owningness!
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:50 AM   #24 
Pataflafla

Here's my baby, Anvil. He's 15 years old, has been lost in the Arizona desert as a puppy (An area that had a lot of bobcats and coyotes), ran over by a car, been in numerous fights with the rotties my family has had(He has the little dog complex despite not being a little dog, and now old man grumpiness as well), and survived a stroke on the fifth of this year. The left side of his face is a little droopy now, as you can see by his eye being slightly more closed than the other.

He's a massive turd, but I love him.
Name:  008 (3).jpg
Views: 55
Size:  51.0 KB

Puppy picture (This was right after we found him in the desert. Thankfully his mama sniffed him out):
Name:  Anvil Puppy 2.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  44.3 KB

Last edited by Pataflafla; 11-12-2011 at 03:52 AM.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:34 AM   #25 
Tikibirds

MR BUBBLES

Chichiri. She is a massive pain in the butt. She will NOT eat pellets. She takes her food dish and throws the contents across her cage after she eats all the good stuff out of it

Last edited by Tikibirds; 11-12-2011 at 06:37 AM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:56 AM   #26 
hedgehog

Tiki--is Mr Bubbles an American Eskimo? He's absolutely gorgeous.

Pataflafla--Anvil is very pretty. Gotta love a dog with character. What kind of dog is he? His body looks like a corgi but the head looks like a German Shepherd maybe.
hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:29 AM   #27 
Pataflafla

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
Anvil is very pretty. Gotta love a dog with character. What kind of dog is he? His body looks like a corgi but the head looks like a German Shepherd maybe.
He's a corgi/ Australian cattle dog mix. Regular sized body, tiny legs is the outcome from that mix.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:37 AM   #28 
hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pataflafla View Post
He's a corgi/ Australian cattle dog mix. Regular sized body, tiny legs is the outcome from that mix.
Interesting. I got the corgi but just couldn't place the other other dog . Explains his spunky attitude.
hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:11 PM   #29 
TwilightNite

I have 3 cats they are all super sweet one is black one is calico and one is black and white. Here they are! Sorry if some pics are kinda fuzzy. There names are Micestro (male black and white) (yes I meant to spell it that way) Jack (male black) Checkers (female calico)
Attached Images

Last edited by TwilightNite; 11-12-2011 at 12:14 PM.
TwilightNite is offline   Reply With Quote