Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-09-2011, 04:43 PM   #1 
sanderle

Filter issues

I had bought a filter for Kurt's tank, but when we got home, installed it, and went to plug it in, it was broken. Now we've returned it and gotten a new one (Tetra Whisper EX20), but this one's intake is so strong that Kurt can't even swim against the current it causes. My question is, how do I baffle it so the intake doesn't cause such a strong current? Should I just return this one and try yet another?
sanderle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:46 PM   #2 
upngo

You could try something like I did. I put 2 straws in the output of the filter. I also cut allot of holes in the straws.

upngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:01 PM   #3 
sanderle

The problem isn't the outflow of water though, it's the intake of water being sucked into the filter.
sanderle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:45 PM   #4 
Littlebittyfish

You can do several things for that...You can buy a fluval pre filter sponge...or you can cut a hole in the center of some aquarium sponge and fit it around the intake tube...you can also use nylon pantyhose fabric and that keeps them from getting their fins messed up in the intake. You can just cut a piece to fit around the outside of the intake and then either rubberband it on or tuck it in when you hook the grit end part area on.
http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=3650250

Last edited by Littlebittyfish; 11-09-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote