Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-10-2011, 07:44 PM   #1 
Luimeril

Meet the Sniper!

i had to. after Purple, Theo, Zidane, and Chappy passed, i was heartbroken. swore off whites from Pet Lover's forever, and wasn't in the mood to get anyone else. traded tanks with my brother so i didn't have to look at Theo's tank, turned Zidane and Purple's tanks into storage. then, i adopted my niece's CT, King Steve. gave him Chappy's 2 gallon.

then, i got a commission to write a story for someone. they gave me $11. i ended up with $18 on my Paypal. okay, no issue. maybe i'll buy some items in a video game i play.....

nope. made the 'mistake' of browsing Chard56's aquabid. saw this cute blue marble i kept seeing on there. i'd been going back to his auction for a long while, and totally fell for him. after asking friends and my brother(i was oogling about five bettas. ended up with two. asked a few members on here), i ended up buying Sniper!

some computer issues delayed my getting him for a while, but i got word last week that he was gonna mail him Monday, computer or not! today, i saw the mail guy stop in front of my house, not quite at the mail box, and knew. i thanked him for the box, and almost ran into my brother's room to use his pocket knife. my heart was beating fast when i gently picked up the wrapped bundle that was his bag. when i saw him, i smiled. he was so tiny!

i acclimated him for over an hour before letting him out, and freaked out when he went right to the bottom and lay there! D: i turned out the light, and let him be for a while, then went back to check on him. he's skittish, but was swimming about happily. hours later, i got him to flare! then, i got my camera to work enough to get a few photos. :3

without further ado, meet Sniper, my blue marble VT!

in chard's pictures, his blue was like... this amazing electric blue. in my lighting, he's a beautiful dark blue-green. either way, he's just.... STUNNING!
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:48 PM   #2 
BettaMiah

Wow! Beautiful! So... cute...

Must be exciting to get a new Betta in the mail, huh!? :3
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:50 PM   #3 
Luimeril

i was freaking out since monday. it's been pretty chilly here, but he wrapped the little guy really well, put a heating pack in it, and even wrote what temps to keep him at on the box.
he seems to have some issues swimming waaaay up to the top in the tall 3 gallon he's in, so i'm going to swap him with King Steve, who's bigger, and doesn't have any issues with tank height.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:42 PM   #4 
vilmarisv

Awesome Mint Marble!!! LOVE HIM!
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:48 PM   #5 
Sweeda88

He's very pretty! I want a marble. =)
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:59 PM   #6 
Luimeril

he's so shy! it's gonna take a while for him to get used ta me. he hides out, in one of the two spots in his tank i can't see him, hiding behind the yellow flower plant Theo layed on.... i think i'm gonna keep those three plants in his tank when i switch him with King Steve tomorrow.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:19 PM   #7 
Fermin

Awww very cute! Hope he settles in to his new home. :)
Fermin is offline   Reply With Quote