Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-01-2011, 03:20 PM   #31 
ZackyBear

Our Wal-mart never has any females ;( I've been trying to find one for my roomie's daughter's handsome boy (pearl). It broke my heart to have to go through the 20+ cups of filthy water. Some of them were barely half full! Some had very beautiful colors but that's about it.

*cries* those eyes were just begging to be taken home! But with how the water was I don't know if they were manifesting something to make them sick, and I don't know how to take care of a sick fish x.x
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:34 PM   #32 
mjoy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackyBear View Post
Our Wal-mart never has any females ;( I've been trying to find one for my roomie's daughter's handsome boy (pearl). It broke my heart to have to go through the 20+ cups of filthy water. Some of them were barely half full! Some had very beautiful colors but that's about it.

*cries* those eyes were just begging to be taken home! But with how the water was I don't know if they were manifesting something to make them sick, and I don't know how to take care of a sick fish x.x
Welcome to the forum! BTW just curious- you're trying to find a female for your roommate's daughter's male betta? Please dont put them together unless you are breeding and have conditioned them both for breeding and have them in proper sized tanks. Most likely you would end up with badly beaten up or dead bettas from placing them together.
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:38 PM   #33 
ZackyBear

I know~ I meant a female for breeding, sorry if I didn't elaborate!

But going into a pet store for fish is so disheartening sometimes...and you never know when they'll get sick if you bring them home!
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:43 PM   #34 
mjoy79

Ah ok. I was just making sure :) By the way I live not far from you - in Coppell. I got all the females for my sorority from Petco. I can't remember but I'm pretty sure my local Petsmarts have females too. Not sure any of them are breeding quality though. I have also imported a couple of male bettas that I got from aquabid.com. Shipping can be a bit stressful but if you give some time, your female should be fine after she's acclimated and conditioned (I've never bred, just from what I've read here)
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:53 PM   #35 
tlyons01

Emmalilucia, I totally misunderstood what you were saying about a bigger bag. I thought you were referring to euthanasia!!! You certainly cleared that up though, and I can't really go against the suggestion of speaking to a manger about taking a sick one home for free, sounds like good stuff to me :)
tlyons01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:12 PM   #36 
EmmaliLucia

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlyons01 View Post
I thought you were referring to euthanasia!!!
Oh goodness no! I could never ever euthanize an animal, my childhood dog had to be put down and I cried for two weeks straight!

Nahh, the big bad is referring to shoplifting, but at mjoy79 pointed out that's not a very bright idea, just talking with the managers is probably the best idea.

I got Babydoll from Walmart (Even though I hate that place) and all the bettas there were in really good shape. In fact, the PetCo closest to me is the worst one in my opinion, most of the cups are half empty D: And I have complained about that to the manager everytime I go in
EmmaliLucia is offline   Reply With Quote