Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-11-2011, 11:46 AM   #1 
erinandares

Wink What a Troll!

Spiridion is so crazy. I put the dividers back in my twenty gal and now he and Phaistos are in the five gallon sections on the end and I sucked up my fear of female bettas and bought a bunch of silk plants and started a little four girl sorority in the ten gallon section in the middle. I've since fallen in love with my girls, no worries there. Lol.

But this dude built the tiniest little bubble nest I've ever seen, maybe a centimeter in diameter being generous, and he's patrolling it like it's the gold vault. Haha, he's working on another, bigger one right now, in between bouts of flaring at anything and everything like a champ. My girls have noticed it, since it's right up against the divider. They seem unimpressed.
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:05 PM   #2 
BellasMomma

haha @ they seem unimpressed... thats super cute that he is protecting it. i have my male and female in a 10 gal. divided tank and my guy always builds the nest right next to the divider... do they do that to impress the girls...?
BellasMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:35 PM   #3 
erinandares

I have no clue. Lol, I guess so. >.< It's entertaining, though. :p He shows off like mad and then when he finally gets around to building a bubble nest, it's itty bitty. Lol.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:26 PM   #4 
mjoy79

OMG I love the idea of a sorority between two guys. Never thought of it LOL. Would love to see pics! Too funny- the girls aren't impressed with Spiridion's bubblenests.
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:45 PM   #5 
erinandares

I don't have a camera. ): I would love to post them, though. Lol. Bu-u-u-ut... They've been in the sorority for four days now, but today they got into a huge fight because my second girl decided she wanted to challenge the alpha- I guess they hadn't really cemented their social standings or whatnot. They ripped each other up pretty good before I noticed the problem. I took them all out and put them in cups and I panicked like crazy.

I've already asked two of my friends who also have bettas if they would like the three girls I'm not going to keep.... One is going to take two, one is going to take one IF her mom decides she doesn't want to plop the girl in with their boy to try for babies. O.O I panicked. Didn't trust my sorority skills. D:
Old 11-12-2011, 03:55 AM   #6 
BellasMomma

o no!! I hope they will be ok!
BellasMomma is offline   Reply With Quote