Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-13-2011, 02:12 AM   #1 
Belated

Sodapop - My first betta! c: (large pics)

Eeee~~ <3 Finally got my little guy! I believe he's a green/red bicolour? (He appears green in most lighting - occasionally he looks a bit aqua/blue.) His little holder said super delta, but when they bagged him for me, the wrote halfmoon on it - which is he? Not that I really care, I'd just like to know.

I almost bought a black orchid crowntail, but he couldn't seem to swim to the top, so I passed over him. This boy was the only one moving about, and as far as I can tell he's healthy, though he does have a little white spot on one of his fins, you can see in the first pic - should I treat him for that, or will it clear up now that he's in fresh, heated water?

So, here's my little Sodapop, in his new 5gal tank. <3 Hasn't even seemed stressed yet - just begs for food like a little guts. x3

I baffled the filter with some aquarium sponge, and plan to do two 50% changes a week for about a month, then drop to one 50% per week - is that okay?

(I realise from these photos, it seems like he always swims downwards - I promise he swims in every direction with ease, I just got lucky with all the photos, haha.
Belated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:27 AM   #2 
BlackberryBetta

Very pretty boy! I'm jealous! As for the tail, to me it looks more like a super delta. But I'm really not sure, can't really help you on that one sorry! Nice tank, you could even add a few more plants or decor if you wanted. Good luck with your new betta!
BlackberryBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:45 AM   #3 
Belated

Thankyou! c: Yes, more decor is on my shopping list, along with an adjustable heater.
(I'm using a 10w pad heater at the moment, but I haven't even switched it on yet - it's nearly summer down here in australia, so the water is staying at 25C no problem. I'll switch it on tonight though, as it's only meant to heat the tank 2 degrees, according the the box - should be fine for overnight when it's a little cooler, right?)

So far he seems fine, though; hasn't even gone in the mug or plants yet, just makes his way up and down the walls, and seems to like playing with the teeny bubbles from the filter. :D
Old 11-13-2011, 07:49 AM   #4 
BlackberryBetta

Awesome, sounds like you are going to take great care of him! My betta does the same, he has a mug and long plants and all he does if hang out around the heater cord and the walls of the tank! He also loves wedging himself inbetween the thermometer and the walls of the tank, fun right? lol jk jk I love him anyways!
BlackberryBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:38 AM   #5 
Fermin

Beautiful! Congrats on your first betta!
Fermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:45 PM   #6 
Laki

WOW what a fantastic betta! I love his colors!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:53 PM   #7 
Thesharpestlives

very very pretty betta :D *cough* sorry, hes a male :) i mean HANDSOME :o Lol
Thesharpestlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:37 PM   #8 
tropics007

Very cool betta! Those artifical plants in the tank go perfect with his colors. lol
tropics007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:48 PM   #9 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Is Sodapop named after the Sodapop in the outsiders?

BTW he is beautiful
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:23 AM   #10 
Belated

Thanks guys. <3

And yes, Bettas Rule, he is! :D It's one of my favourite books.