Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-13-2011, 09:30 PM   #11 
Mikkisaur

Haha I'm not alone! :D Although, I really wish I would have done research before buying the little guy, so the damn tank would be cycled >:( at least a 1 gallon bowl is better than his little cup :/ buuuuut, I start work in March so I can pay for my own betta goodies lol. I think two is plenty for now, since my room isn't terribly big (but there's potential spots EVERYWHERE). But Comet really surprised me, he proved that fish really do have personalities c:
Mikkisaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:07 PM   #12 
nel3

i got hit pretty well also. i got the VT free, my brother won it and didnt care much to take responsibility to keep it. his interest is in dogs rather than fish. three months later i saw Nelliel on AB and just couldnt keep him off my mind to not buy him. then was Osiris in prepartaion for a 5 gal divided. the only thing keeping me from going crazy is limited space of the fish and an obsession for light green marble betta. i havent even gotten or that green obsession.

Last edited by nel3; 11-13-2011 at 10:11 PM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:34 PM   #13 
thekoimaiden

I recently got bitten by the bug again. I had a betta my freshman and sophomore years of college, but he died. At the beginning of the summer I bought another one and another soon followed. Just recently I was having the exercise EXTREME self control to stop from buying the most beautiful bettas on Aquabid. I think I can stop at 2...
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:49 AM   #14 
Arashi Takamine

It's hard but not so hard when my mom steers me away from the fish section in WalMart...And Petco/Smart/Land...Really it's my parents who have kept me down to two fish.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:46 AM   #15 
titusthebetta

I've had my guy for a month, but it's been a constant struggle not to get another one. When I'm home for Thanksgiving break, I'm really tempted to buy a bigger tank and see if my parents will let me divide it so I can have a second betta. :P But yeah, the addiction is bad.
titusthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:57 AM   #16 
nel3

my betta obsession isnt anything compared to model kit obssession. i have 20 kits, 7 are not yet started, 1 unfinished, and 14 completed. i got atleast 14 of them within 2-4 months. im glad im running out of space to put them any where to stop buying them. i havent gotten one for a while BC too much backlog.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:19 AM   #17 
BellasMomma

nel I'd be happy to take 1 or 2 of those not started tanks for you, I mean its the least I could do!
BellasMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:51 AM   #18 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasMomma View Post
nel I'd be happy to take 1 or 2 of those not started tanks for you, I mean its the least I could do!
thanks for the offer but i do have them on the to do list. they're gundam models and i have a certain obsession with them.
2 of the unfinished kits. the second kit will get a paint job like that of the 3rd.
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/00/gn-007.htm
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/vsa...n-gat-x207.htm
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/seed/gat-x207.htm

i have 3 other kits but those are painting and glueing type. there's also a SU-47 (swept forward wings) kit to go on. i have plans to get another gundam kit in the future also. im a big sucker for such gundam kits. too many nice designs, not enough time, space and money for them all

Last edited by nel3; 11-14-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:56 PM   #19 
Mikkisaur

o.o" SOMEone seems to like planes *cough* NEL *cough* haha ^w^
Anyways, it's nice to have a hobby for once :) at least there's something to do. I'm actually going to an lfs in a few minutes, but I've been specifically told to not get ANYTHING. This isn't going to be easy... TT~TT but I like this place because all the bettas are in what looks like 1/4 gallon glass bowls, on shelves. They're even kinda heated ^__^; but the bowls looks clean and the bettas are pretty nice.
Mikkisaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:10 PM   #20 
nel3

planes are nice, unfortuately 95% of any gundam model kits are 900% more interesting to own VS airplanes for my particular case. my biggest problem is procrastination BC i do paint the gundam kits to an extent. i dont like stickers on the kits.

Tags
addiction, betta, fast