Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-19-2011, 01:12 AM   #1 
Dead Sunlight

Talking 4 spawns at the same time

I plan on going to about 600 bettas once these fry are fully-grown (I currently have 515 <3) So here are the 4 spawns I'm doing all at the same time.

Mustard Gas HMPK - 10 gal, java moss and duckweed
Full-masked Dragon HMPK Giant(Gold)-20 gal, java moss and duckweed
HMPK Salamander- 10 gal cabomba and waterlettuce
Full-Masked Dragon HMPK Giant(Copper) 20 gal hornwort and watterlettuce

Out of my 515 bettas, only 13 of them were ever obtained by NOT breeding. These 4 pairs above I bred also, none of them are related though. Conditioning ended today, 2 weeks, 5 feedings per day of live and frozen food (live mosquito larva, earthworms, adult brine shrimp, Daphine, whiteworms, microworms, live black ants and all other manner of "wicked beasties" released them all today, i will be giving a daily update everyday. if anyone is interested in fry, i will sell some of the best specimens on Aquabid as well as here ( i do international shipping), just contact me about 6 months from now, when i start shipping them out. bubblenests are 3-4 inches in width and an inch out of the water. Dim lighting, spong filter turned off a few hours after initial release.

MG- Ive bred this young pair before, they are one of my best. the make is very gentle and the female willing. last time i bred them, the very moment i released them they began embracing. I am still selling their fry, pm me if interested. anyways, he is gently nudging at her, making gentle s shapes. she has her bars and is in downwards position with fins clamped. in java moss. no doubt i will find eggs tomorrow morning.

Giant (Gold)- Again another very sucessful breeding pair, although male is a bit more aggressive. Female seeking refuge withen the javamoss. Currently male is busy tending to the nest, female approaches, but male drives her away again. I've seen one awkward embrace, but no eggs were released. might begin to court her tomorrow.

Salamanders- new pair, pair is a bit younger than the ideal breeding age, but i wanted to see how age influences the offspring. so yeah, a bit of an experiment spawn. male isnt tending to nest and female is headdown under the waterlettuce, ready for embrace. shes kinda like "uh, AHEM!" and males like "ooh, pretty cobomba, lalala..." hopefully he'll get his concentration back tomorrow, expect to see an embra on sunday.

Giant (Copper) - One of my best copper hmpk giant pairs, though this male has a tendency to eat eggs. just giving them a chance because the fry that do survive grow to be very nice aquabid fish. male tending to nest, fiercly guarding it... this particular female is a bit more timid but she is an excellent spawner as ive seen in the past. female hiding in hornwort. male tending to nest and driving female away. hopefully ill see an embrace midday tomorrow.

as i said, daily updates everyday... also if u are interested in fry or any of my current fish, PM me! THANKS MEH PEEPS!!!! :D <3 <)))))><
Dead Sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:37 AM   #2 
bettalover2033

Wow, this is interesting! I will definitely be following this thread! I can wait to see the progress being made and how the results will turn out.

Good Luck (Flap a Fin)

-BL2033
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:45 AM   #3 
Dead Sunlight

I hope to get 100 more show-quality specimens, little less than 20 from each spawn... any other survivers that id want are going for sale. My Bettary holds about 1,000 adults comfortably, and im only half way, lol... its making me depressed <3

Update on the salamanders... Ive seen one awkward embrace yet none of the eggs were expelled... male's been kinda been stupid and females kinda showing him "how to embrace" XD its cute, hes all like "so uhhh" and it looks like female trying to embrace him, SHES ALL LIKE "NO YOU FOOL!!!:D" <(((((>< <3
Old 11-19-2011, 01:46 AM   #4 
Gloria

wow!! I wish you good luck and will most definetly be watching this thread!! :)

lol.. Aww that sounds so cute!! Im sure the salamanders will get it soon then :)

Last edited by dramaqueen; 11-23-2011 at 10:04 PM.
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:49 AM   #5 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Good luck with the spawn! I have been looking for a giant outlet in the US.
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:59 AM   #6 
BeautifulBetta

WOW good for you!! Good luck with all of them :D I'm sure some amaaazing little babies will come out of these spawns :)
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:16 PM   #7 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Wow, how do you keep up with school work or with your life in general. lol That's definitely a load of work.... they will be once you have to jar them.

Have you bred Giants before? Do tell....

Congrats on everything.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:30 PM   #8 
Curlyfatbottom

giant breed in cali i'll be waiting to see your offspring.
Curlyfatbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 02:17 PM   #9 
Dead Sunlight

DAY2...

MG- YEAHHHHHH, woke up to a very tight-looking embrace, half the eggs are already in the nest. O: woop! no rips or nipping! <3 I swear this male can get along with any fish... expelling just ended, i think its over... I'm gonna seperate them now and treat the female in Mblue and aloe vera... K so male is tending to nest, very cute <3 moving eggs around and he's constructing an entirely new nest, no doubt he'll move the eggs... he using the duckweed to help "bind" to nest... 24-48 hours and i should little tails <3 got my infuosia and microworms ready...
GOLD- i also found them embracing in the morning but i think i startled them and now female is still hiding in javamoss and male tending to the current eggs in the nest... as midday comes I hope that all eggs will be expelled once the day is over.
Salamander- HA, oh, this pair cracks me up :D the male is still acting really droll (amusingly stupid) I think i gonna name him Droll... ha :) anyways, female is taking charge here, shes starting to harass him, no serious damage is being inflicted, though. shes all like "u dumba**!!! get yo s*** together!" male not tending to current nest (playing in the cabomba, its possible hes never seen live plants before), i think i see the makings of a new one though... ah, young love <3 this spawn is making me think of BEWITCHED by blood on the dancefloor, utube it plz! <3
COPPER- male constantly harassing female, i might switch out one of them and recondition if they dont expel withen a few more days... however if all goes to smoothly, no doubt that the offspring will prove to be very nice quality fish... the bubblenest is about 5 inches across and threating to reach 2 inches above the surface. Currently female is hiding in hornwort but she's still displaying bars, male using waterlettuce to construct nest. Hoping to wait until midday when the male may be less aggressive, hope to see an embrace...

Thanks guys! <3 btw, betas, koi, and discus are my life and i finish all my hw at lunch.
ALso those who are interested in Giants, I have about 20 adults right now and about 20 more juviniles... contact me if you want colors
Old 11-19-2011, 04:50 PM   #10 
bettalover2033

Wow this sounds fantastic! Pictures?

-BL2033
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote