Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-14-2011, 04:01 PM   #1 
bettalover746578305643

walmart betta

walmart doesnt take care of their bettas very well and thats were i got mine from my sister who had her betta for a few years now said that its going to die.what can i do to help it its soo buetiful its purple blue and red but it has a little brown spot on the top of it and some of its scales are silver near its face what does this mean.
bettalover746578305643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:15 PM   #2 
erinandares

I don't know about the brown spot, but the silver scales could just be normal coloring. My red wal mart betta had that silver coloring on his chin and some silver rays in his fins when he swam in the right light. It was so pretty. He died not too long ago, but it had nothing to do with him being a wal mart fish, he was just an overzealous jumper and hurt himself too bad. ):

Honestly, I think it was mean of your sister to say your fish would die because of where it came from. If he wasn't ill before, I don't see why she would say something like that. Maybe to help it live longer, you can tell us about your tank setup for him and how his health in general is and we can give you some husbandry advice. Good luck with your little boy, by the way! He sounds very pretty. :3
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote