Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-14-2011, 09:25 PM   #1 
erinandares

Unhappy NaNoWriMo, why have you forsaken me?

Nuuuuu! D: How in God's name did I forget NaNoWriMo until the middle of November????!!!!???!?!?!?! OH MAH GOSH. I have to get busy! I decided to extend it into December, though- kinda bending the rules, but ehhh. Whatever.

NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month. As a chronically unemployed high school graduate, I figured that just for this one month I could push everything aside and seriously kick my butt in gear on my writing. But no. I forgot until the fourteenth. ): Sadface.
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:41 PM   #2 
Kytkattin

Well, there is certainly no time like the present to start. Good luck with your endeavors. I find it hard to kick myself into gear and draw more, even though I am in college as an art major. I need to become more confident in my drawing skills so that I can easily draw all of the ideas that are in my head that I push to the side because I doubt my skills.
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:06 PM   #3 
ManInBlack2010

i made a pact to try to finish nanowrimo this year, i did a lot of writing in high school but when i graduated and started working full time i didn't have as much time... i'm still only 2,000 words into my story and i don't think i'll have time to catch up :(
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:39 PM   #4 
Salamandair

My NaNoWriMo...isn't going so well .__. I'm busy as heck, with work and school and boyfriend, so I get lazy with writing reeeeal quick. I'm determined to get my butt into gear and to try to have a story done by the end of the year if my NaNoWriMo goal fails
Salamandair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:08 AM   #5 
erinandares

Aww, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only person having nanowrimo problems. Lol. I went on super reasearch mode with my story. I decided not to use my pet project as my nanowrimo project, it's more like a side story-novella type thing based on one specific character. But seriously, it's so much of a relief to hear others are in the same boat!

Kyt, I know what you mean about the art, too. I have the same problem there. A friend of mine wanted me to go to school with her- she's a graphic design major. But I don't have the money to go to school and thanks to eternal laziness, my GPA suuuuucked. So I didn't go to college. ): So I kind of dropped art altogether for a while. :/

Salamandair, I've got literally nothing going on. I don't see why I'm not kicking this thing where it hurts other than the fact that I totally forgot. D: Lol.

And maninblack, Yeahhhh.... I did more writing than school work in high school (bad me!!) and now that I'm out I can't find a job so I thought I would work on this for a while. I was supposed to make a pact! But I started late so I'm cheating and finishing late. :p

Good luck to the other nanowrimo-ers!!! Seriously. We could all use it. >.>
Old 11-15-2011, 12:59 AM   #6 
Bombalurina

I hate NaNoWriMo. Well, I love the concept, but I wish it would take place in January for Australia, because no one is at school then. During November, it's a busy period for anyone working in retail/entertainment AND we have exams!
If it was January, I'd kick it's literary backside.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:32 PM   #7 
erinandares

Ohmagoshohmagoshohmagosh. I've been typing for a good five and a half hours. I must have tripled my word count, I swear. Maybe it was my three hours of sleep, but I accidentally hit the 'x' button in the top corner and panicked and went to hit "cancel" when the box came up saying "The text has been changed, do you want to save your changes?". Only... I accidentally hit "no"................

Ultimate despair. D8

I'm not even mad about the word count. I can never rewrite things exactly the way I had in the first place!!! :C There was some great stuff there... I want to cry, guys.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:39 PM   #8 
Pitluvs

I seen someone on my FB doing this and I totally didn't even know what she was talking about lol She's up to 21,269. This is her profile picture lol It all makes sense now!

Good luck guys! I could write till my hearts content and be good at it, but I have an attention span of a cracked wallnut. I'd forget about it after 2 days lol
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:48 PM   #9 
erinandares

I just need to... hide my face in shame. ): Your friend sounds like she's totally conquering NaNoWriMo. I love that profile pic, by the way!! It made me smile in my funk of NaNoWriMo depression. Lol. I must go fix my stupid mistake!