Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-22-2011, 02:28 PM   #1 
laughing

Pretty scared right now...

So long story short, there's this professor who I am being driven crazy by. She NEVER keeps to her word, is the reason I am failing, and she doesn't even act like a teacher most of the time. If I fail, I have to pay for her class, and it's $375 I think!! That's just not possible for me.

I talked to an advisor and she said I must talk to the chair of directors I believe... I have a meeting set up, and will be there in 35 minutes! Now, just so everyone knows, I HATE confrontation. I would rather stick needles up my fingernails then ever have a "beef" with anyone.. That's what this has resulted to. I even had to print off emails and such for proof.

I'm so scared and nervous beyond belief. I'm looking for some happy thoughts/support right now!! That's where you guys come in!... I know I need to do this to pass the class, but I hate it all the same...
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:00 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm sorry you have to go through something like this. I hope everything goes well for you.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:41 PM   #3 
purplemuffin

Just be confident, and remember this isn't just for you--but for other students who could suffer due to her teaching practices. If she's going to have that type of power, she needs to be a responsible teacher. You aren't doing anything wrong. :) Good luck.
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:20 PM   #4 
laughing

So he helped me out and gave me a plan of action. He's contacting her saying we have met and explaining more as to what I am asking. He gave me a lot of great tips (like making more of our communication via email so it's documented). I'm supposed to meet with HER tomorrow about all of this.

I talked to one of the office workers who knows me well and she told me that I should do this because I technically only have 5-6 more classes with her so if it goes bad I won't be dealing with it long. I also can't afford it... so she really helped push me a bit.

I'm completely dreading tomorrow...
Old 11-22-2011, 11:01 PM   #5 
nel3

i can understand how you feel to an extent. back in highschool (4-5th grade) i was friends with another Polish kid. dont know why i put up with after all the misery he gave but he was a trouble maker. we'd fight, i'd go to the principle to report him and he plays the angel act. he makes it sound like in the trouble maker and that principal beleives him. id like to use a derogatory term for the principal but the forum rules bar that. this happened a few times, even my parents got involved. the principal never got the point and always beleived him. i doubt that she's the principal anymore, retired from the post. its been too many years that have passed since. there's never been a single principal that ive'd despised ever but she fit the post perfectly.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:19 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

I had a professor that I couldn't stand and she intimidated me. Then, when I ended up having a second class with her I told her that she intimidated me and yelled at me once, too. She said she was unaware of it.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:18 PM   #7 
laughing

She sent me an email saying she will allow me to make things up... now I have written proof! I am talking to her today and hopefully setting it up.

I haven't had any real problems with teachers/professors before. There have been a few I've butted heads with but not to this extent!!!

If she doesn't keep word then all of this starts all over again! I would just die if it did.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:20 PM   #8 
laughing

One girl I have a problem with as well, and I avoid her like the black plague.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:27 PM   #9 
erinandares

When I was in fifth grade, there was this girl who hated me for no reason whatsoever. She was racist, so... yeah. But it was like reverse, if that makes any sense. She made my life miserable, to the point where I was afraid of going to school because I knew she was going to be there. The teacher was no help at all. He hated me, too. He was constantly coming over and dumping my desk out all over the floor in the middle of class and he wouldn't call me by my first name, only my last. I'm pretty sure that's what started my truancy issues through most of the rest of my school and if it didn't cause my social anxiety, it certainly exacerbated it. If it weren't for one of my tenth grade teachers and then my senior year art teacher, I would have dropped out of school and left home.
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:17 PM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

I had a horrible 5th grade teacher. One day right before the bell rang, she dumped everything out of my desk then says to me "you clean it up." I missed my bus and got punished when I got home. I had trouble with bullys when I went to school in Valley Station. There was a white girl and an African American girl who used to make my life a living you know what.