Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-15-2011, 05:58 PM   #1 
dbockrath

I had a scare with Buddy

I have been feeding him two Omega pellets twice a day. Sunday and Wednesday mornings, I give him a freeze-dried bloodworm instead of the pellets.

Sunday afternoon, he was lying behind one of the plants, wiggling his little fins like crazy and not moving. I figured it was constipation, so I put him in some water and Epsom salts for a few minutes until he pooped. That seemed to perk him up, and today he seems back to his zippy little self. He snapped up his pellet this morning.

My question is, how do I keep this from happening again? Are four pellets a day too much? I'm assuming the freeze dried bloodworm was at fault, but what else would I use to give him a little variety? Live and frozen foods aren't really an option. My husband complains enough about the time and money I spend on the aquarium now--I can imagine his reaction if I started keeping bugs in the freezer!
dbockrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:21 PM   #2 
laughing

The thing with freeze dried is they aren't bad, but they will absorb water and get WAY bigger. So before you feed, soak a piece a bit. You'll see how large it really is and can feed accordingly.

Remember, their stomachs are only about as big as their eye!

That should be just fine.
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote