Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-22-2011, 04:21 PM   #21 
copperarabian

aww I love everyone's horses, I don't have the finances or time for one, maybe after college XD but probably not since although I love them, I'm a bird person.

Here's Remmie, he's a 10 year old cocker spaniel, The first pic is of him as a puppy because he was adorable XD

and Sugar, my abused little dog. She's my dog, while Remmie is my parents. She's a Maltese Papillion mix

We have a third dog named Pepper(my brothers, a chihuahua terrier mix) but I don't seem to have any pics on my computer of her :(

And I have 2 birds,

Rosie, my Galah cockatoo, she had also been abused. She doesn't like girls which kinda sucks because..... I'm a girl lol luckily she's a one girl bird, but she loves men. I'll be driving and her crest will raise as she starts dancing because she spots a guy walking down the street lol but cute guys XD She's so funny.

She had been imported into the USA and stayed in a USDA QT station in New York, so that tells me she's at least 18 years old based on the type of open bands she has. (they stopped that type around 1993 for parrots).

And I also have a cockatiel named Dante. He/she is about 5-6 months old. I think Dante will be a girl because I haven't heard any singing yet. But I won't know for sure until she's gone through the first molt.

Last edited by copperarabian; 11-22-2011 at 04:23 PM.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:33 PM   #22 
LunaRedmoon

OH! I used to have an African grey.. Her name was Silver, she was my grandfather's bird that he had since he was my age. She eventually passed away last year... Beautiful birds btw. I love Rosie.
LunaRedmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:21 PM   #23 
BeautifulBetta

Hahahahaha I love cockatiels and their funny little frill on their heads. What a photo!
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:30 PM   #24 
copperarabian

Quote:
LunaRedmoon OH! I used to have an African grey.. Her name was Silver, she was my grandfather's bird that he had since he was my age. She eventually passed away last year... Beautiful birds btw. I love Rosie.
My friends have a African grey, they're fantastic birds as long as their well socialized so they don't become a one bird person or be really nervous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBetta View Post
Hahahahaha I love cockatiels and their funny little frill on their heads. What a photo!
she likes when I pull gently on her crest XD Rosie also has a crest(she's a cockatoo) I just took a photo of it since most people don't realize she has one. lol she just had some water so her cheek feathers look funny.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:34 PM   #25 
LunaRedmoon

Silver loved everyone and had a very coarse voice. but liked to mock the dogs and whisle for them. Its funny cause they would get excited when she would yell out dinner cause we hollered it every day 2 times a day so i guess she just kinda picked up on it. i miss her. she was an awesome bird. never would mate though so no babies :(
Old 11-22-2011, 11:43 PM   #26 
copperarabian

it was probably because she was a pet and bonded to humans. It's surprising how this can effect birds. She sounds like she was awesome :D
Old 11-22-2011, 11:47 PM   #27 
LunaRedmoon

she would ride the vacuum cleaner and scream earthquake. of course she was awesome. She was an OOOOOLD bird. She was several years old when my grandfather got her. He got her from some store that hand bred and raised exotic birds. Grandpa was her pick though. She only lived about 4 years after he passed... she was healthy just depressed we think. She would mock "cry" all the time
Old 11-22-2011, 11:47 PM   #28 
bettalover2033

How did you photoshop the dogs in the first picture? I need to know how to do that.

-BL2033
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:25 AM   #29 
Tikibirds

He is gonna be 10 in december

Not sure how old she is. I got her off craigslist from some lady who get her from a petco employee. ironic, considering they will tell customers chinchillas will die if you touch them
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:42 AM   #30 
BettaMiah

Chinchillas will die if you touch them? What? Never heard of that. How insane.

How would petting them kill them?

Mo and Lego are living proof that that ISNT true! Mo loves to be pet.
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote