Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-29-2011, 07:17 PM   #31 
Hisaki Yuki001

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkrealm View Post
haha, yeah, I was really relieved when I realized he didn't know what he was doing though, I was scared he might make a habit of it |c
True true... I understand. Thankfully you don't have to worry much about that with Plakats because there fins are so short it's hard for them to get to. If they could easily get them, My Giant Tetsu would've torn himself apart. He is the most aggressive little guy I've ever had. I think he's bound and determined to kill the Betta in his reflection. I think that's his main goal in life. Lol! That and to eat as much food as I'm willing to give him. I gotta feed him six pellets as that's about as big as his eye is...XD
Hisaki Yuki001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:23 PM   #32 
inkrealm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisaki Yuki001 View Post
True true... I understand. Thankfully you don't have to worry much about that with Plakats because there fins are so short it's hard for them to get to. If they could easily get them, My Giant Tetsu would've torn himself apart. He is the most aggressive little guy I've ever had. I think he's bound and determined to kill the Betta in his reflection. I think that's his main goal in life. Lol! That and to eat as much food as I'm willing to give him. I gotta feed him six pellets as that's about as big as his eye is...XD

sorry, exams ;u;
haha, I'm glad he can't reach them x3; he sounds pretty tough :3
I think mine actually uses his reflection as a mirror x3;
I guess your boy gets plenty of exercise though :3
I've never seen a Giant, they sound massive though 0.0 what on earth is having a giant betta like?! x3
inkrealm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:27 AM   #33 
Hisaki Yuki001

Quote:
sorry, exams ;u;
haha, I'm glad he can't reach them x3; he sounds pretty tough :3
I think mine actually uses his reflection as a mirror x3;
I guess your boy gets plenty of exercise though :3
I've never seen a Giant, they sound massive though 0.0 what on earth is having a giant betta like?! x3
He's at 3 inches so far and still growing. His eye is the size of at least six pellets alone. He's the biggest Betta I've ever had. He has such an apitite that one day I fasted him to see how many pellets he'd eat. I stopped him at ten pellets though when he still wanted more. I then fasted him one to two days afterwords just in case for constipation. He never got constipated or anything. The only big difference I've noticed is that I've got to watch his tank mantience a little more than my other little guys. Aside from that, he's never had a history of illness, not even fin rot. He nipped of part of his left front pectoral once though because they're a little flowy, but its healing just fine. ^_^
Old 12-03-2011, 04:20 PM   #34 
inkrealm

oh wow, that's amazing.. O_O I can't imagine a betta that big haha, that must be so neat. I bet they are a little messier being bigger and all though.... I'm glad he can't get his fins :P and I'm glad it's healing up well :D
do you have any pictures of him? ^-^ where did you find him at?! I've seen supposed Giants at the petstore before, but nothing like that 0.o maybe they were just babies though? :3
inkrealm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:39 PM   #35 
Hisaki Yuki001

Quote:
oh wow, that's amazing.. O_O I can't imagine a betta that big haha, that must be so neat. I bet they are a little messier being bigger and all though.... I'm glad he can't get his fins :P and I'm glad it's healing up well :D
do you have any pictures of him? ^-^ where did you find him at?! I've seen supposed Giants at the petstore before, but nothing like that 0.o maybe they were just babies though? :3
Sorry, I've been sick with strep. I;m feelin better now. I got him at Petco. They sold him as a king Betta, but he was bigger than their other Kings there. His nose was touching one end of the cup while his tail was touching the other. Their other Kings just look like older Plakats to me, so I'm not sure if I could really call him a pure giant or not. This is the best picture I have of him so fare. Sorry about the blueish border, It was never meant to be permanent.