Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-20-2011, 09:46 AM   #1 
breedingbettasarefun

Spawn log/question

ok dont tell me what im doing wrong and blah blah blah. This is a spawn log not a page for bashing. Anyway My female Crown tale and male double tail are in the tank but seperated. Temp is at 83 and the bubble nest is just about complete. Micro worms/brineshrimp and BBs are ready. But what kind of fish will i get?
breedingbettasarefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:52 AM   #2 
tpocicat

That's a really hard question to answer without knowing the bettas ancestory. I'd guess comb tails, maybe crowntails if there is crowntail in the double tails ancestory, just a guess, sorry.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:29 PM   #3 
breedingbettasarefun

k thanks im putting the fish into the other so they can breed.... hope all goes well

Last edited by dramaqueen; 11-23-2011 at 05:56 PM.
breedingbettasarefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:39 PM   #4 
youlovegnats

Quote:
Originally Posted by breedingbettasarefun View Post
so they can breed...

O__o oookkk....

Without knowing what you are doing, we can't help you. If you want advice, you need to be able to take helpful criticism. If you start off your thread like this, thinking that criticism is "bashing", then I really don't think you should be asking for help...just my opinion.

If you want to tell us what the tank setup is like, I think you will find that we could accomodate your needs and questions.

But from a DBT and a CT you'll most likely get "muddy" looking fins; some ragged looking RT's with very few DBT's thrown in. Since DBT gene is recessive, the CT gene will lay over that, creating more CT's.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 11-23-2011 at 05:57 PM.
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:22 AM   #5 
BeautifulBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by youlovegnats View Post
O__o oookkk....
^Lol My thoughts exactly.

Don't take what we're saying as bashing, although when you call it 'bashing', it makes it seem like you're trying to hide something that you don't want us to see :S Just make sure your fish are in good condition and you aren't just doing it to say you've done it.
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:19 AM   #6 
indjo
TFK Moderator

CT x DT (assuming long finned DT) = messy, unpredictable fins. Messy CT, uneven DT lobes either with or without CT ...etc.

BUT if you're willing to work your way through, you might someday end up with DTCT (I've seen them in the past). Not sure how many generations it would take though. But if you succeed, you'd have a rare trait (not sure why people stopped creating them)
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:40 PM   #7 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by indjo View Post
CT x DT (assuming long finned DT) = messy, unpredictable fins. Messy CT, uneven DT lobes either with or without CT ...etc.

BUT if you're willing to work your way through, you might someday end up with DTCT (I've seen them in the past). Not sure how many generations it would take though. But if you succeed, you'd have a rare trait (not sure why people stopped creating them)

I have seen many DTCT's too. Chard56 has them! He has exceptional ones. I think he is trying to perfect them with more generations.

-BL2033
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote