Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-18-2011, 03:34 AM   #1 
emeraldsky

Pictures With A Side Of Novel ~ My New Boy (Needs A Name!)

Alright, so a few weeks ago, I went to petsmart and as usual, i went to see the bettas.

Im totally full up right now and know that I have no room, I usually go over there and rearrange the cups so the older ones are closer to the front and get more attention and check the overall health.

I noticed one who looked black and blue, similar to my crowntail except twice as big and a VT. Figuring his size must be from age, I put him towards the front, hoped he would find a nice home and was on my jolly way.

Next time I go in, same thing happens and I notice the big guy is pushed to the back again, this time in water that was less than favorable but not terrible. He still looked healthy and even had a bit of fin regrowth. Once again, I wondered why he was still here, being so handsome and all, but shook my head, I still have no room and him being big and pretty will catch a few eyes. So once again, pushed to the front and on my way.

Fast forward and Im back in petsmart again. Hoping I dont see the big guy there, I move the cups and low and behold, there he is. This time in the very far back corner and again in less than favorable water. I picked up the cup to inspect him and make sure he's still living and he blew a bubble at me and gives me the PUPPY DOG EYES
Name:  rage-comics.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  1.9 KB

But seriously, I have no room. Another betta would mean spending money and i HAVE to buy a car. Priorities!

So reluctantly, I set him down again, towards the front. But THIS time, I push all the betta cups back a bit more and leave big guy in the middle. Seriously, no one can miss him, he looks like the only cup unless you get close. Feeling a bit better and SURE he is going to have a home, I leave again, hating the fact I'm being a responsible adult.

And now tonight, I once again am at petsmart. I almost dont even check the bettas, I have that sinking feeling and know he's there. I look at everything BUT the bettas. TWICE. But my ride took forever so I went over there. I look through the cups and dont see him, and its a bit bittersweet. Id grown attached to the little monster. Buuuuuut I pick up a nasty looking cup in the far back and there he is, looking sad and dejected while swimming in filth. So I sigh and pick up the cup, fully intending to take him to an employee to get his water changed and put him back in the front on the betta shelf.

I never put him down c:

So here are pictures of my new guy. We both have a new home since I'll be living in the doghouse when the BF finds out ^^;

But it feels right that he's with me and it seems like we were meant to be.
Name:  NewBoy.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  43.0 KB
He's in a 3g critter keeper right now. It was the only thing I had on hand x.x
He'll be getting better accommodations when I can sneak buying more stuff from the BF X)

Here are some close ups, he's so big ._. He's not blue/black but super dark red and blue. Dang blue water.
Of course, color wasnt really a factor with this guy LOL
He's super shy so I wasnt only able to get butt-shots of him -.-
He has a bit of fin rot too, which is amazing that thats the only problem he has after being cupped in such crappy conditions for so long.
Name:  NewBoy1.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  24.7 KB Name:  NewBoy2.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  21.3 KB

I want a special name for him, he's the first betta I've owned that seemed meant for me (even if I was a bit slow on picking it up )
I cant seem to think of anything so any name suggestions would be appreciated.

Oh lawd, this was so much longer than I wanted it to be
sorry about the wall o' text x.x
emeraldsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:44 AM   #2 
Wulvie Sharpteeth

That is the cutesy betta story eva :3

Um... So he survived bad conditions yet he is timid... Maybe a name like Jimmy?? Idk :P he's real pretty and looks surprisingly healthy seeing as he came from a dirty cup :3 good luck finding a name for him :3
Wulvie Sharpteeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:16 AM   #3 
Sedge Pets

name= Homeboy. Because he found his way to you,he was just waiting for you take him home. if you had walked away without him.........you saved his life, you need a medal x
Sedge Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:25 AM   #4 
Sedge Pets

First time pet shop owner, first time Betta owner....went through the bubbles stage,the dance of egg laying, Big Daddy popping his kids back upto the bubbles etc etc.5 October Big Daddy and his girlfriend became proud owners of about 15 babies ! They are all doing well, growing slowly but ,I was told,will suddenly burst forth into magnificant beauty. I now own 19 Betta !will put pics up soon for all to see
Sedge Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:32 AM   #5 
xbecky685x

Aww I wouldnt be able to put him down either! It was similar story with my little guy.. Nobdy wanted him cause he is "ugly" apparently :( I think hes beautiful.. He must have been in the store for well over a month or so :( But once i got my own tank set up i rushed to save him :)

Hes my first though so i had no room or money issues lol But im sure i will be put in that dilemma in the future..
Im already trying to get a new one!

x
xbecky685x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:58 AM   #6 
betta lover1507

he is soo pretty i have nothing besides pumpkin, since i don't own a orange betta. he is very pretty =D i wonder who kept putting him in the back? probably a little kid saying "this one is ugly i want that red one" or the employee's he looks very cool =]] i would name him sharky but i don't have the gut to give away that name yet ='[ am still getting over the death of my algae eater
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:11 AM   #7 
mjoy79

Only name I can think of is Destiny - though that might be a bit too girly for his taste. I teared up reading your story! Aww.
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:17 AM   #8 
kitkatbar

Orion....

First thing that came to mind. He was like a constellation sticking out among the other fishy stars...ehh, cheesy lol =D
kitkatbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:18 AM   #9 
kitkatbar

He looks kind of like my CT, Sidonie! (my avatar pic has a colored light on him that brings out his red fins.)
kitkatbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:27 PM   #10 
WDW Donna

You have guts going back into Petsmart! I am avoiding the new Canadian Tire store because I saw a gorgeous betta there and I know if I go back I will come out with him. Like you I don't have anywhere to put him! (for the American readers, Canadian Tire is NOT somewhere that should be selling live animals)
WDW Donna is offline   Reply With Quote