Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-20-2011, 08:17 PM   #21 
Sakura8

She has such a gentle expression on her face. What a talented girl. And you, too, learning all the various disciplines. I've never attempted dressage.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:24 PM   #22 
OrvillesSlave

Teehee not always gentle ...but to her credit my aunt's mare was squealing and striking at the wall at her. But in all actuality she is a very sweet mare. Not much of a fan of other horses and surprisingly enjoys the company of people over her pony pals.

She originally was going to be my western pleasure mount when I first bought her. We both got sick of western pleasure very quickly. From there we've tried almost everything. She's definitely the border collie of the horse world and needs a job. She's so athletic, and I'm blessed with some many experts in the different areas as friends that it isn't too hard to try a new discipline.

If you didn't live across the country I would invite you for a ride. Three of my friends who rode during their childhood and took a break came out to ride. All three of them have horses now...it's highly contagious.
OrvillesSlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:33 PM   #23 
Sakura8

Haha, that's a great pic. Don't mess with the mare. She's so gorgeous. I really do love her coloring.

Aww, thanks for the invite. It's too bad I live in CA. My uncle lives in IL, though. Evansville, I think it was? Just outside Chicago.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:44 PM   #24 
OrvillesSlave

Not too far from me at all. Chicago is about an hour and fifteen minutes away from where she is boarded.

I'm definitely a supporter in you picking up riding again. I'm a college student and fully believe I would have lost my hair all to stress if it wasn't for having my horse.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:50 PM   #25 
Sakura8

:) Thanks. I've got to look around for a good school. Horses truly are therapeutic.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:28 PM   #26 
GunsABlazin

i have 5 horses in my life

Name:  1222001318c.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  49.3 KB
^My Percheron, Charlie
Name:  DSC02571.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  91.0 KB
^Genuine April (Sweetie)
Name:  168169_122271701178137_100001859233671_149595_3178005_n.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  31.1 KB
^Me on my PaintTB mare, Miss Gee Bee, holding charlie (Yes...Charlie is huge)
Name:  NotSoSimple.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  72.9 KB
^My Paint filly Not So Simple...this picture if from when she was younger, she s almost 4 now.

The last horse it my mothers mare, i dont have any pictures of her. She is a blk/wht blue eyes paint mare.
GunsABlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:41 PM   #27 
Sakura8

I love Percherons. Charlie is amazing. Genuine April is a gorgeous color. I think my favorite color is bay.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:02 PM   #28 
OrvillesSlave

I love the markings on your paint filly. She's gorgeous.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:56 PM   #29 
Kytkattin

I used to have a horse. I miss her a lot. She was deemed crazy, partially due to past abuse. Between that and a horrible skin condition that made her very uncomfortable I made the decision to have her humanely euthanized instead of selling her off to be a broodmare, or worse, dog food. At least she had a good life with me. Then my family also had a couple of very old Arabians that eventually coliced (due to age). Ah, every time I deal with horses it ends up a tragedy it seems. :/

On the other hand, I was very interested in natural horse keeping. No shoes, no forceful methods. So I like to think the horses that came and died with us had peaceful final days. Some day I will have a horse again, but that will be many years from now.

Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:29 AM   #30 
Arashi Takamine

I love horses. My great cousin has two geldings and a pony that I learned to ride on and I love riding...It's my favorite thing ever and I wish I could ride again.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote