Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-17-2011, 07:51 PM   #1 
Sena1

Exclamation I need BIG help! Idk whats wrong with my betta!!

I need ALOT of help! My betta has a curved body and doesnt move around much at all. It looks as if its about to die but its not. I thought it had swim bladder and I tried feeding it a pea a few times but alls that did was make it poop all over and made nothing better. I really need help! I can add a video of photo of him if anyone would like bud he's been like this for about a year and I still dont know what to do! I feel so bad for him because he cant move and his body is like sideways and it kinda looks like this \_ The slanted part being his head & upper body and he just sits like that and has VERY clumped fins! Please help! Thanks so much!
Sena1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:34 PM   #2 
nel3

i dont know too much about your situation but might have anything fallen on the betta or someone squeezed him?
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:18 PM   #3 
chicagojo

I am pretty new and inexperienced here myself so hopefully someone more knowledgeable will jump in, but what you are describing sounds like how our betta Rock N Roll was when he had swim bladder disease and one thing I learned from this forum was that feeding them a pea is NOT the best thing to do - they can't digest it and it won't actually solve the problem. Someone very helpful here guided me how to do an epsom salt treatment and fasting for my betta and he got better within a week or so and is now a super-hyper little guy swimming all around and completely better from how he was. So maybe you are not wrong about what the problem is, but there may be a better approach to how to solve it. Check out the "Betta Fish Diseases & Emergencies" forum - there are some stickys there that outline common diseases/conditions and how to treat them and from there you can post any specific questions you have.
chicagojo is offline   Reply With Quote