Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-23-2011, 03:45 AM   #31 
GreenTea

Thanks DQ :3

Still no hatching yet, but its only been about 32 hours. I read sometimes it can take them 72 to hatch? Either way it's good because I have to leave town again for Thanksgiving! I will be back as soon as they need to eat :)
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:08 AM   #32 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpocicat View Post
I'm sorry your spawning didn't work out. You're not the only one. It seems the more you want the spawn, the more the bettas don't!
I second that!! lol

I know many people don't but I always feed my males when they are taking care of the spawn. Some people say that it causes them to get hungry but I figured feed em and then they wont get hungry. None of my males have eaten good eggs or good fry. I have only spawned 5 times though, and I don't feel that that is enough to be 100 % certain, so time will have to tell. As of now I always feed my males and I will continue to until I see that it's a bad idea.
Either way I hope you succeed, because when you do I want to buy some of your fry

Last edited by Bettas Rule; 11-23-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:47 PM   #33 
bettalover2033

I think the same because when i was trying to breed for the first time, they just wouldnt spawn and all around this forum was "accidental" spawns and i was so mad. I just knew that i had to just keep trying and try not to get so mad. I reconditioned them for like the 3rd time and they finally spawned. (Third times the charm*) for some!

-BL2033
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:15 PM   #34 
GreenTea

We have fry! So happy! Hopefully dad won't eat them. It's so hard to see them so I'm unsure of how many there are. I've been feeding dad too and it's worked out. I have video of them spawning as well as fry, I'll create a new thread for it.

I'm going out of town and was planning to return Sunday afternoon. I've heard some people say feed the fry as soon as they're free swimming, some people say 5 days after hatching, what do you guys think? This guy's being a good dad.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:38 PM   #35 
bettalover2033

Well from experience, i feed them 5 days after because after their yolk sacs are dissolved, they eat infusoria which is very good for them. 5 days after gives them a good amount of time to dissolve their yolk sacs and then become free swimming and after the last few days of the five, they will start to be hungry and will that is when they are going to be able to eat and know what food is. Also, it helps to add moss balls. They love these things because they give off a lot of infusoria for them to eat while they eat other things as well.

I am so excited for you! Lol! What is the next thread called? And make sure you post the pictures and videos that you have for us:)

-BL2033
Old 11-23-2011, 05:51 PM   #36 
GreenTea

I'll probably call the thread, assuming they continue to live something boring like Yellow Marble/Koi Spawn ;)

Tisia is going to feed them for me Friday and hopefully Saturday as well.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:02 PM   #37 
bettalover2033

Well that sounds great! Can you PM me the New Thread name or link when you finally fix one up.

-BL2033
Old 11-23-2011, 06:08 PM   #38 
Tisia

I'll probably end up bringing my camera and taking some pics when I go to feed them >_>
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:11 PM   #39 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisia View Post
I'll probably end up bringing my camera and taking some pics when I go to feed them >_>
I wish I knew a member that lived as close to me as Tisia does to you. It would be so much fun!

-BL2033
Old 11-23-2011, 06:15 PM   #40 
BettaMiah

Let me know if you'll be selling the fry, I might take one! Er, buy, I mean.
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote