Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-18-2011, 01:28 PM   #11 
OliverTheBetta

nel3,

The fish in your avatar picture is BEAUTIFUL! I love the color!!
OliverTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:36 PM   #12 
BeautifulBetta

LOL! I get called the crazy fish lady already...I'm always posting pictures of the fish on facebook and such, everyones probably sick of it, but hey! What can I say? I love sharing the beauty of bettas with my friends :) We're all happy with our fishies, we shouldnt care what other people think
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:39 PM   #13 
mjoy79

On facebook, I've only had the guts to post about 6 pics of bettas - so not all my guys and girls. Even on instagram I try not to bombard people with pics of my bettas. I am glad i have a place like this to show off my fish babies on a regular basis!
I haven't been outright laughed at but I'm sure there are a few people that might think I'm strange for the time and energy I've put into caring for all of my fish.
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:47 PM   #14 
Sena Hansler

haha my friend tells this one person: "I got a fish, two cats and a dog."
person: "whoa!"
her: "pfft, should see the girl who rents the room next to me - she's got like.... 30 bettas or something."
person: "WHOA!!"
xD I really only had 14 adults.... lol.
And, I am not the BETTER person I am the BETTA person. (pun for the win?)
Sena Hansler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:59 PM   #15 
BeautifulBetta

+1^^ Nice pun x3
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:51 PM   #16 
Sena Hansler

I know right? what kind of camera do you use btw beautifulBetta?? My camera died, and I'd rather try going for a better camera that won't focus on the bubbles in the water
Old 11-18-2011, 02:53 PM   #17 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettas Rule View Post
I am a dog person and I love my bettas. He just need to experience the love a betta has to offer. Next time he asks, get him a pretty macho colored male betta and show him how to care for it. Chances are the fish will grow on him and he will understand.
i wasn't trying to generalize all dog lovers but he'd be a tough case to crack and probably wont take much care of it. if he had one, it'll be a small tank and overdue water changes.

imo there are people who dont care much about certain fish that can be made to like them and some that cant be persuaded to do so. my brother is most likely the latter. he has yet to show any interest in betta so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverTheBetta View Post
nel3,

The fish in your avatar picture is BEAUTIFUL! I love the color!!
ty Oliver, unfortunately thats from a few hours after he arrived into the 2.5g. since then blown tails and biting. his fins are either too large and heavy or simply genetics. his anal fin is as long as his body.

1st pics is from a few weeks in. second is about a week old and rather close to the current status.

Last edited by nel3; 11-18-2011 at 03:01 PM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:20 PM   #18 
Sena Hansler

Same problem with Crayola! except his tail grew double his size... so he trims them
Old 11-18-2011, 04:11 PM   #19 
Luimeril

i get picked on by my family sometimes, but it's worst on youtube. i've been called horrid things on there, for knowing my stuff. xD i just ignore them. or spout facts at them.
Luimeril is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:24 PM   #20 
Sena Hansler

"Just because I'm smarter than you, doesn't mean I feel inclined to lower myself to your level" >.> lol sorry that was the first thing that came to mind xD I had an argument with my ex (was the bf who was argumentative) about betta fish being like koi since Thailand is neighbors with China... They are not. Thailand is right next to the equator silly people...