Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-20-2011, 01:05 PM   #51 
Sena Hansler

Wow... Well yeah I know a guy who had a goldfish in a bowl. Lived 10 years - although it was always sick...
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:28 PM   #52 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Wow... Well yeah I know a guy who had a goldfish in a bowl. Lived 10 years - although it was always sick...
lol, you trying to 1up me ? thats quite a story given the goldie was in a bowl and probably had no airpump in that bowl. im just surprised they can live that long in such conditions without certain equipement. the one in the 10g did suffer from growth stunting 4-5 inches long total with fins.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:49 PM   #53 
Sena Hansler

Ooo poor fishy.. Well, I was shocked too. That goldie was hardy! Most goldfish I see bought for small spaces (under 5 gallons) die between 15 minutes and 1 week...
Old 11-21-2011, 06:06 PM   #54 
kfryman

I'm in tenth and i know so many people that would laugh at me for having fish , but a lot of my friends think its cool that my betta jumps for his food
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:48 AM   #55 
Sena Hansler

Lol I know right?? I show some friends what my bettas can do... How fast 2 of them could swim (scary fast...) how high they jump (Madame and Tina tie for 3 inches!!) and my Spartan, well he swims into the cup, he lets you put your hand around him... :p fish are NOT dumb!!
Old 11-22-2011, 02:07 PM   #56 
kfryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Lol I know right?? I show some friends what my bettas can do... How fast 2 of them could swim (scary fast...) how high they jump (Madame and Tina tie for 3 inches!!) and my Spartan, well he swims into the cup, he lets you put your hand around him... :p fish are NOT dumb!!
Three inches dang if i go above an inch mine wont even jump -_- You're so lucky!
Old 11-22-2011, 04:30 PM   #57 
Sena Hansler

Well I find it unlucky o_o because that means the jumpers absolutely positively need cover x.x lol!! As amusing as it is... there's something even better...

Tina will slap herself against the side of the tank (out of the water) to get my attention. All I can hear in my head as she slaps against the side, and slides down, is "SLAP!!! eeeee....bloop! SLAP!!! eeeee... bloop!" xDD
Old 11-23-2011, 01:43 PM   #58 
kfryman

That is priceless lol. You should post it on youtube!
Old 11-23-2011, 02:07 PM   #59 
Sena Hansler

I probably will
Old 02-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #60 
potter

I think I get laughed at a lot. I am seen as some sort of nerd and I am a working adult. I am seen as not cool because I go straight home to see my pets instead of clubbing and drinking. I don't really care what others think anymore. I don't like to drink anyways and I don't like crowded places.

I respect every living thing in this world from birds to fish to dogs, guinea pigs, rabbits, rat, spiders, earthworms you name it except for maybe mosquitoes; can't stand mosquitoes when they bite.
potter is offline   Reply With Quote