Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-18-2011, 03:42 PM   #1 
KirstyTat

Best way to replace tank water?

I'm going to clean my fish's tank tomorrow and bought a jug of water today. Since I heard of people using milk jugs for storing water I figured it would be a good idea to pour out the water in the jug and refill it with tap water. (Last time I changed 50% of the water I just filled the 1 gallon fish tank I bought before my 2.5 gallon and let it sit out overnight.)

Do you leave your water out before refilling your tank or to you just refill it right out of the tap? Does it really matter if the water sits out for a while first? If you do let your water sit out for a while what do you keep it in?

I know I have to let the water warm up with the heater first and add water conditioner as well.
Thanks. :)

Last edited by KirstyTat; 11-18-2011 at 03:45 PM.
KirstyTat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:59 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

I would adjust your water temp at the tap by checking it with a thermometer to equalize temps between the tank water and replacement water-fill up your jug and add the dechlorinator-shake and add to the tank right away...the water is safe on contact with the use of dechlorinator...be sure and let the water at the tap run for a second or two to clear the pipes.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote