Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-23-2011, 10:16 PM   #11 
fishman12

Ha! Two great additions!
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:24 AM   #12 
StarBetta

I love this! Its so awesome! Between you and me, I like this series better than the real diary of a wimpy kid! Dont end the series too soon!
StarBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:12 PM   #13 
fishman12

Agreed!
Old 11-25-2011, 08:56 PM   #14 
erinandares

Here's another installment, folks. :o My fish are all crazy. As is clearly evidenced in this post.

You know how you get that feeling that everything you do has to revolve around one specific girl? And then the feeling that your world is over when you aren't talking to her? Well, that's how it's been with Harmonia. She's been ignoring me ever since the divider incident. I got the horrible, sinking feeling that I had overstepped my bounds with her. But I was the male! She was the female, she was supposed to submit to me and I was supposed to take charge! That crazy female had it backwards, apparently. I flared my fins out, letting them ripple slowly in the water as I ventured over near the divider again. Harmonia was over at Spiridion's side, watching him wiggle dance with a moderately blank look on her face. I instantly felt a surge of jealousy.

I darted up and down the divider, and side to side along the top, even zig zagged along the length of it. Finally, Harmonia looked my way. She looked once, then swam back into her tall silk plants with a haughty huff. I rammed my nose into the divider. That was a challenge! I saw it in her face! And who was I to back down from a challenge?

Well, this time I didn't have to get over the divider. Harmonia finally swam up to it later, after a good while of me waiting patiently for her to. When she came, I instantly started up with the flaring and nipping and tail swishing. She couldn't help but return my less than chivalrous actions, and soon, I had her jumping. Harmonia was an excellent jumper, better than any other fish. She could jump right over the tees on top of the dividers, as I had seen her do many a time when she thought our human was taking too long to feed her. She would hop right over and eat Spiridion's food, and he just let her do it. Across the room, our human spoke up abruptly.

"Phaistos, quit being such a tease. Leave her alone." The girl said, thinking I was just playing around.

She didn't look our way again, so I resumed with the routine. Harmonia was starting to really get riled up. "Phaistos," she barked, "I swear to-" And she jumped again, so I could hardly hear her. This time, her body landed on my side of the divider. I gave a triumphant laugh. Harmonia, though, looked confused. She sat there motionless for a moment, until I swam up close to her. Then, she bolted. Harmonia swam around the tall glass in my side, into and out of my cave, up and down the sides and front of the tank, and jumped frantically every time she reached the surface. I chased her the entire way. When she got too close to my bubble nest, though, I saw what was going to happen before it happened. And then, she jumped again.

Her body tore through my bubbles, and when she landed in the water again, they popped and scattered apart.

"NO!!!" I shouted, and swam up under it protectively.

By this time, the human girl had definitely taken notice of our romp. She had scrambled for the net in a panic. She came up to the tank and flipped the lid in the front up. I resisted the automatic urge to swin up there- there was no food in her hand, only the net. She dunked it into the water, her eyes scanning the tank for Harmonia.

"Harmonia, how did you get over here?" She asked, and swished the net around in the water a few times. "Harmonia? You poor girl, where are you?"

"Here!" Harmonia squeaked. I shot my eyes down her way. She was sitting the front right corner, cowering with her head down. I inwardly groaned. Now is a great time to be submissive, Harmonia, right when you have to leave... When she saw the girl she swam up hopefully, until she realized the net was there. When she saw the net, she started to panic, but the girl just scooped her up and plopped her back in the water on her own side. Having short fins, Harmonia swam eagerly right out of the net. She looped around back to the fron of the tank when the net was gone and wiggled happily at the girl.

"Ah, thank you!" She twirled happily.

The girl smiled and rewarded her with a bloodworm. I was instantly right there at the surface, giving her the stink eye.

"Why does she get a bloodworm? She was on my side, not the other way around!" I reasoned.

I guess there's no reasoning with humans, though. She gave me a much smaller piece of bloodworm, and then went to the other side of the tank to give a piece to Spiridion, too. When she closed the lid, she went across the room to what looked like another tank.

"Hey, when did she get that?" I asked around a mouthful of worm.

Harmonia didn't answer, just swam away like it was my fault she jumped over the divider. Spiridion shook his bloodworm around in his mouth and gulped it down in one bite. Then, he swam up to his divider and jerked his head toward the other tank.

"That's what the other fish live in." He answered.

"What other fish?!" I was instantly outraged by the very idea. Since when are there other fish, you're bad enough!"

"There's always been other fish, genius!" Spiridion said disdainfully. "There's a big blue one and a little yellow one. Do you ever see anything but your little girlfriend?"

"I'm not his girlfriend." Harmonia chimed in, her voice firm and adamant. "He's my stalker."

"You jumped over here, Harmonia!" I reminded her, and then, I didn't even want to talk, anymore. It was off to sulk in my corner. But hey, maybe Harmonia would go for the damaged thing. She was obviously not into the normal chasing and nipping routine. I was starting to think I had over estimated how perfect our romance could be.
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 09:18 PM   #15 
StarBetta

eek! I hate waiting! But I have to :( I cant wait to see what happens! :)
StarBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:29 PM   #16 
fishman12

You're right. They are getting longer. But better!
Old 11-29-2011, 08:19 PM   #17 
erinandares

I made a conscious effort to shorten this one. Lol. I hope it's still as good. <3 Here it is:

Over the next few days, I became less and less enthusiastic in my chasing after Harmonia. I had figured out a few other ways to get to her, but I was always netted and put back in my own side rather quickly. Harmonia would even flare back at me, which would start a fiery argument. We were bickering like that, one day in the dark. The girl had been talking about something with the other human who lived here- named 'Dad'. I never saw much of that human, although he was the one who picked me at the pet store. The girl wanted a double tail. But anyway, the girl had been talking about something called 'Thanksgiving'. From what we could tell, it was only a few days away, whatever it was. Harmonia and I were just arguing for the sake of arguing at this point. We had all been hypothesizing about this day the girl seemed to dread, and Harmonia and I disagreed on something stupid, so we started to argue. That was how a lot of things went. Finally, the door by Spiridion's side of the tank swung open.

Our girl came walking in and tossed a bag down on the floor. She stopped to see us at the tank before she went anywhere else. I ignored her and Harmonia ignored her. We were too busy trying to charge at one another. The girl searched for us for a bit before noticing us in the back of the tank behind the plants. When she saw us, she frowned.

"God, you two, you need to chill out." She scolded.

I don't know what chill out meant, but I didn't like her tone. I swam up to the front and flared at her. "Keep out of it, human!"

"Her name is 'Erin'." Harmonia said snarkily, as she swam up wiggling and dancing for the girl. "Don't you ever pay attention to the other humans she knows?"

I didn't want to deal with it. I swam back behind my cave again and settled there to pout. I could feel it in the water when the tank's hood was lifted off. The urge to see what was wrong was stronger than my desire to sulk, so I swam out from behind my cave to investigate. The girl left the room for a moment, and when she came back, she had a long, soft looking green thing in her hands. It looked like off colored moss. She laid it out on the floor and doubled it over, and then she reached into Harmonia's section of the tank and started pulling out the silk plants. She laid them out on the moss and then removed the plants from my section. I hid back behind my cave. I didn't want that hand touching me! She took the plants from Spiridion next, then went to the other tank I had recently discovered and did the same. Once the plants were emptied out, I could see there was actually another fish in there! I couldn't believe it! We weren't her only fish?!

I didn't get a chance to adress this injustice, though, because the girl took out the caves, next. She set them, too, on the moss. Then, she brought out the tube and the big white bucket. She siphoned the gravel, getting up all the nasties and evening it out as she went. All of us fish swam around in a disconcerted frenzy. Finally, the girl was done taking out water. Instead of immediately adding more, though, I caught her going back to her black crate and pulling the net from its contents. Instantly, I panicked. She filled up a cup of water from our tank, and another cup of water from the other tank. She caught the fish from the other tank first, and set him aside on a desk in the room. She spoke to him as she did it, apologizing to him for the stress. Then, she came over to our tank. There was nowhere to hide. I knew she was going to net me before she even put the net in my part of the tank. She swooped the net up under me and lowered the cup into the water. In my haste to escape the net, I swam right into the cup, and then it was being lifted.

"Sorry, Phaistos, but you're out of hand with this Harmonia thing of yours." She mumbled.

She set me on the desk within view of the other fish, but not directly beside him. We still flared and showed off, though. The other male was plain, but he had an impressive size and an attitude to go with it.

"Hey!" He shouted. "Hey, I know you! I thought we ran you off a long time ago!"

I flared back and did an agitated circle around the circumference of the cup. "I've been here this whole time! Where's the gold and red one, is he over there, too? I'll kick his butt!"

The other fish laughed. "Please! Ares could have killed you in a heartbeat! Ares is dead, though. He was a bit too cocky and decided to try and swim in the air."

The fish rolled his eyes with a shake of his head. He seemed to take a break from flaring to take a quick breath, but then he was right back at it. I continued, flicking my tail agressively. We didn't speak again, just flared and increased our war dance efforts. The girl came back for the other male first. She took him away and floated his cup in my section of the big tank, and I instantly started to protest. I was giving the girl some pretty choice words by the time she came back for my cup. She ignored me, though. She brought me over to another tank and gently set my cup to float in the water. Beneath me, I saw all my old plants, but a different cave. It was a red cylinder with a handle on it. I tried to swim over there, but didn't think about the plastic keeping me confined. I looked all around this new tank. It had my regular plants, but no blue gravel. The bottom was bare, other than the cave in there. There was a divider set up, but from what I could see, the other half of the tank was empty. The red light of a heater flickered on. I supposed this was my home, now...
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:18 PM   #18 
fishman12

You better get wifi on vacation! So good!
Old 12-03-2011, 07:41 PM   #19 
Badjer

Aww poor Phaistos! Normally I don't care much for betta stories, but this is really, really cute! Great job. (:
Badjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:10 AM   #20 
miish

Aww this story is adorable! Can't wait to hear more :D
miish is offline   Reply With Quote